Why Do You Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why I dive?
My desire since teenagers, I love underwater :popcorn:

Coz' my doctor said to stop using crack, so I had to find myself another addiction...

Seriously :

Because the first time I dove in the Caribbean the beauty of the reef and fish and other living organisms just BLEW my mind. Even the greatest artist couldn't possibly have invented such brilliant colors and intriguing patterns and amazing forms...
Waking up the next morning I thought it was just a wild dream, so just had to go back again and again and finally got hooked.

Like DiveGirl said, it's the only place where you can interact with nature and feel accepted by other species. Not because they've been tamed, but because they have not learned to fear humans (at least in some areas).

well for me, it's the nature trip & the camaraderie with all your divemates & buddies. we can all fool around underwater, but still maintain safety & stability underwater. in short we enjoy ourselves while sticking to the rules without being too serious about it :D i've been diving for 10 years already & not question why i still like it :D

annlaur:
Coz' my doctor said to stop using crack, so I had to find myself another addiction...

Scuba's got be at least as expensive if not more. :wink:

It's difficult to explain ... I just love being in the water. The song that describes it best is "Cool Change" by the "Little River Band". :)

-----

Mike

i love the feeling as you slowly descend, equalizing as you go, and you hear nothing but your breathing. as you go deeper and deeper, you start to see the ocean life come into focus, and soon, you're off following the fishes.

god, that's a beautiful feeling.

because my mom said I couldn't :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom