Why do you love diving on coral reefs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to know why you specifically love diving on coral reefs, or what you would miss if they disappeared.
Caitlin

My only answer to that is "why would I NOT love diving on coral reefs!" I've seen some of the best in the world, and some of the not-so-best; but I'd dive every single one again in a heartbeat.

The vast majority of my dives have been on reefs, and the various wrecks I have dived on were either on on very near to reefs. I've seen some of the biggest fish on the planet (juvenile oceanic white tip yesterday) and some of the smallest; and in my line of work I get to dive the same reefs repeatedly, frequently, over and over again. That repetition could get boring, but the reefs are always full of wonders and surprises and there's almost always something interesting to watch.

I love watching and teaching about fish interaction and behaviour as well as simply pointing out interesting species to my customers, and spend a great deal of time talking and teaching about reef formation and ecosystems because it's part of my job and to a point something I am expected to know, I guess - but I find it a joy to teach about "my office"!

Coral reefs are my life, and my livelihood. In my line of work I can spend between 3 and 4 hours a day in the water. Even when I have those days when I *really* don't want to get in the water, as soon as I do, it all slides away. I really don't know what I'd do without them. I'd live there if I could. So, if they were disappeared...?

Well then I think I'd have to take a very long dive off a very short tank...

Good luck with your project!

Crowley :D

Why I like to dive coral reefs
1. They're in warm water in a warm climate
2. They're in CLEAR water, which for me makes diving a lot more fun.
3. There is more than likely a nice beach to hang out on after the dive
4. There's good stuff to eat on coral reefs.
5. I can usually find a job where there is good quality seawater....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom