Why don't wetsuits have a zip fly for peeing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sure looks like a lot of work when you could just use a sleeve from an old wetsuit.

sleeve... I have to use a stretched out wetsuit leg..

---------- Post added February 19th, 2015 at 09:14 PM ----------

Video is way too funny...

But i guess I do not understand why you would need it. It is really simple to roll down your suit and pee... Or just go before you get out of he water. It is part of the dive plan.

Freedivers wear warmer suits. that means a jacket with no zippers. They may also wear a FJ pants. If you wear FJ pants, you have to remove the jacket for relief (without a pissette).

There is a story I was told on the Brac about a wetsuit fly, a grouper and an incident....well you get the idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seems like it would be a solution looking for a problem? There IS a better solution that also fixes other problems.

I wear a custom fit shorty. So i just take it off. In about 5 seconds. It also goes on in about 3 seconds. I am never cold because it does not leak water. Anywhere. No way am I going to urinate with it on. There would be zero leakage. Not nice at all.

I have seen many divers spend minutes struggling to get in and out of their poor fitting, off the rack, it doesn't keep them warm wetsuits. So I understand why some people may think a relief zipper is a good idea. I claim a properly fiitted wetsuit is a better idea.

I wear a custom fit shorty. So i just take it off. In about 5 seconds. It also goes on in about 3 seconds. I am never cold because it does not leak water. Anywhere. No way am I going to urinate with it on. There would be zero leakage. Not nice at all.
Sounds nice. Do you only dive in fairly warm waters, or does your shorty keep you warm enough for summer dives in Ontario?
-Don

I'd take of picture of my suit if i wasn't so lazy but i actually had a wetsuit shop tailor in my relief seal. Cost 300 baht in thailand. $10 Love that wetsuit. I should of asked for commission from the wetsuit shop cuz, they did a lot of alterations for my customers after seeing my suit. Funny to find this thread now as i'm in hawaii and in need of a thicker neoprene. The thought of having a 5-7 mm without my custom tailored pee zip is not an option. I think i found a guy that can and will do it right though. Believe me guys, once you have it, there's no going back. It's just that nice.

Video is way too funny...

But i guess I do not understand why you would need it. It is really simple to roll down your suit and pee... ..snip..

First, my 7mm semi dry with across the back dry-suit type zipper is heavy and complicated.
Second because I have my DC and compass on my left forearm and my backup watch on my right arm and I have to find somewhere safe to hang them plus on a heaving boat the overall operation starts to get complicated.
I have been seriously considering for some time either installing a pee-valve or a relief zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom