Why I became a cave diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was no luck involved in moving to Fl to cave dive. I didn't win the lottery. Quite the opposite.
I sold everything of value except 2 old Les Paul Customs, dive gear, my computer, an old acoustic guitar, and personal items like clothes and sheets.
My wife kept most of her stuff.

Life isn't as easy when the bills come, but I do what I want to do. I cave dive because I don't have a choice. Some people take prozac. I take side tunnels.

Cheers

Originally posted by Divesherpa
WYDT,
That was probably me. I had to switch my tags over about 3 weeks ago. I haven't seen anyone else with AK plates in cave country.
I hope I was friendly!

You were a complete jerk!!! ok, just kiddin... you were cool...

After I posted I thought it was probably a dumb question... uhh... how many guys move here from Alaska to cave dive??? Probably not a great number... :wink:

Hey Mike,
We were talkin' about opening up a shop near the old Aztec shop close to Manatee. That would be a great location for tech and non-tech alike. I don't want the headache of running a shop.

If you bank gas, we will come. Yes. We will come BUHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Divesherpa,

We'll be down this Sat night or Sun morning. We're staying at the outpost all week. Stop by and see us.

Mike

I'll be at the Dive Outpost too, from Saturday night till next Friday night or Saturday morning.. I'm taking my full cave classes. I'm leaving in the morning. I'm easy to spot, I've got a bright red 99 Dodge Truck with a bright red camper shell and Texas, Florida, and Roatan Dive stickers on the back. I'll buy you guys a beer at the general store.

Dave

Campana,
We'll look for ya.
Mike

My move lasted from Oct 2000 til Dec 2002.

I am very happy to have had that experience. You are right about cave diving being alot easier.

I had a call this morning from the boat captain about 7 AM The boat was cancelled. that doesn't happen when cave diving.

enjoy it.

Now I am in Jupiter and make it up once a month. We'll have to meet up on my next visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom