Why I love cold water diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60 degrees F is cold????

Awesome pics!

Cool mel - I might just take up your offer sometime! I pass through Melbourne now and then as I commute hobart-mongolia, and I've been meaning to stop over and do a few dives.

May PM you late Jan on my way out of Tas. A few beers post-dive would also I expect be necessary..

Cheers,
Rohan.

Peter wanted so much to see those guys when we were in Australia, but Byron Bay was too far north for them.

But I have to say that 60 degrees sounds like very warm water to me! When we were in Monterey, I kept talking about how balmy the water was, because I had a leaking dry glove and my hands weren't hurting. It was 59 there, and the locals were complaining of the cold :)

Those are way cool!
Lovely shots! If only there would've been more light on the head of that dragon in 2nd pic. Wish I could dive there one day... When it comes to cold water all I can say that lakes and sea have been frozen for some time over here. Ice diving should be great but I don't have a dry suit and my 5mm would propably be too cold even to get in water :) I use it when I'm travelling. Great for tropical waters.

awesome shots Mel!!! love it... did n't know they hung out in such numbers

I want to see those guys..
too cold though... :D

Wonderful shots Mel......
Have to say though the thought of water being that cold has me scared.............. :p

Going to put some water in the freezer to see what that feels like :D :D.

Oh...my....Ok just added another dive spot to my wish list!!!! Great shots...awsome!!!

WOW Mel! What great photos. I can only hope to one day to get one photo as good as these. Thanks for sharing.

jafo123

Back
Top Bottom