why is zeagle brand looked down upon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle products be them bcd's or regs are more than capable to handle the diving conditions of the NJ coast line. I have had mine up in the northern waters of Canada and the waters of the Carribean. The Zeagles have solid construction and an excellent warranty and fit system. I may be biased when it comes to Zeagle but I can tell you I was not always that way. I learned more about the products they have and looked at the quality of those products, then I was sold on them. I have only had one so called DIR diver question my use of a Zeagle tech with a bp for diving doubles, his trim was not better than mine and I was carrying more cylinders. Since then Zeagle has produced a top quality BP which can be used with any of their wings/bladder systems. With the correct fit the bcd's are very diver friendly. You must look and compare the bcd's in the area LDS to see what you feel is a better buy and a better constructed bcd. As mentioned those LDS that put down other equipment lines are not after anything but to take care of themselves. Equipment manufacturers only permit their equipment to be sold within a specific radius of one LDS to another. If a LDS wants that line and they are to close to one that already carries it then they will not get it and are forced to carry another line. Shop around. The Zeagle bcd's can handle the diving conditions of the NJ area and be comfortable to the diver using it

Nothing wrong with Zeagle products (especially thier BCDs). I dive in Northern California and have used the Ranger LTD for 3 years now and love it! Tell your LDS to "pound sand".

Too bad your LDS resorted to bashing another manufacturer in their attempt to impress you and make a sale. I love my Zeagle reg and wish I had bought the Zeagle Zena BC instead of my Sea Quest (not that there's anything wrong with Sea Quest). I'd definitely recommend Zeagle, especially their regs.

Did the shop that told you that sell Zeagle products?

If you went to a Honda dealership, would you expect them to tell you how great the Camry is? :wink:

The Kraken:
"Diver Friendly" = that which the LDS has in stock at the moment and needs to sell.

Ain't that the sorry truth...

Diversauras:
Ain't that the sorry truth...

A funny story i have regarding that same mentality.

A dive buddy of mine works at a LDS (LDS X) here that i frequent. He previously worked at a different, competing LDS (LDS Y) in the same town.

While working at LDS "Y", he constantly berated what LDS "X" sold, primarily because LDS "Y" did not sell the brand in question. Now that he works for LDS "X", that same brand he used to berate, has become the greatest thing since sliced bread. Imagine that!

Beware of the salesman. Words to live by. :wink:

Wow...we couldn't ask for better product endorsement than this thread!! :)

Honestly, I would guess that the dive shop in question wasn't a Zeagle dealer, and therefore had no way of selling you the BC you wanted.

Instead of saying, "Well, we don't sell Zeagle, so I can't help you with that particular product", they went with the "That gear sucks - here try this far superior BC that I just HAPPEN to have in stock" response. Stuff happens...what can you do?? :wink:

If they ARE a Zeagle dealer, I would love to know the name of the shop. You can either respond in this thread or PM me...

If you have any questions about Zeagle gear or need to find an authorized dealer, let me know and I will try to help you out!

Thanks for posting this instead of simply buying in to the info you got from that shop!

Scott

Heh, heh, heh . . . . !!!
Go get 'em, Scott !!!!!! :42:
:jaws:

I live North of NJ and our waters are not that much different other than ours may be a tad colder. I own a Zeagle Tech and 4 Zeagle regs. I've dove in water that is 27degf and as deep as 200feet. I have dive buddies with the same setup that have gone deeper. No complaints. I have had some DIR guys encourage me to switch to a B/P and wing. I may in the future but it's not because Zeagle is not High Quality stuff. In fact it's probably the versatility of the Tech that has prevented me from doing so. The ranger is not much different than the tech and is a damn fine BC. Find somewhere else to shop.
PS: Some of my dive buddies have had over a thousand dives on them before they replaced them with the exact same thing.
JK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom