why is zeagle brand looked down upon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to say that if I had another choice of LDS, I would go elsewhere. The LDS might also be looking at Zeagle as a more tech divinging company. I looked at them as a company that has great products, and now I know great CS. If their products are good enough for the military then they are good enough for me.
I own a Zeagle Brigade and wouldn't trade it for a new Porsche...for one thing I couldn't afford the insurance.
I bought a Zeagle knife and come to find out the sheath design had been changed. I questioned Scott about it and was told to send it to him and he would take care of it. Within a week I had the new sheath, and the old one.
I am hopefully buying my first set of regs this year and with my past experience I think they will be Zeagle. Never dove a set of Zeagle regs nor talked to someone who has, just going on the companies reputation.

I have the DS50/ZX reg, and a Zeagle Ranger.

My only issue with the Ranger is that it's a bit bulky to travel with. However Sizing is Excellent!! The Zeagle BCD component design is GREAT, and my BCD fits a range of sizes from a 5'5" individual in the 140lbs range to a 250lbs 6' dude, and bigger if one were to change the shoulder straps.

As for the LDS that made the comments, I must agree with the rest. IMO steer clear of a Dive shop that bad mounths products just because they don't carry them. It's one thing to push a product, it's another to BadMouth products just because they do not stock them.

Another thought is that if you wife is not planning on diving doubles, the Stiletto would me my choice in a BCD. Even if she does dive doubles, talk to Larry at Scuba Toys about a Brigade. It's basically a Ranger with a smaller bladder.

Good Luck...

Ron

My LDS carries almost all brand so I'm pretty lucky to have not experience what you're describing. I dove with my Zeagle and enjoyed it more the other BC's. I ended up with a BP/W but I wouldn't say a bad thing about a Zeagle.. good luck man finding a new LDS

The lds I deal with exclusively doesn’t carry zeagle but said the gear is good gear and only heard of small problems nothing significant about Zeagle line. If we were to purchase zeagle products only zeagel authorized dealers can work on the gear and as far as they knew of not that many dealers in jersey. But like I stated in my post with the other ds one was saying we won't sell any brand that warrantees online sales and the other one north of me did carry it but they did and said they had problems with zeagle, so we no longer carry that line. They did not get into to much detail other then we sold it but no longer carry it. I'm not trying to start anything with any body nor try and bash Scott. Truth be told we wanted the rangers and my g/f still likes the ranger with the idea that it can change with you as you grow in skill. But as we traveled looking for gear that was on the more reasonable side of pricing and lds and some not so local that did sell the brands in question tried to push us toward the more high priced line of regs bc wet suit and every other piece of gear. So being brand new to the under water world and very naïve with gear that’s life support so we listened to people who are in the sport and are supposed to trust worthy. People in the lds and even on this board I have seen and read with my own eyes "stay away from those brands" I just wanted to hear from Scott him self and others tell a little about the line who have experience with these brands. Almost like getting the answer from the horses mouth sort to speak. The problem I’m finding out with any board is that as honest and sincere of a question this noobie had, people seem to attack at even the slightest inkling. That’s why I did not reveal the lds names cause as far as I’m concerned they my not indorse these lines in question that we were looking at they still dispense valuable information

Sharkbait...

I don't think anyone here was trying to get under your skin. I think the main goal was to help you out. Sorry if we offended. Just trying to understand you better. I guess we misunderstood your questions???

Zeagle looked down upon by the LDS? Find a new LDS that knows what they are talking about. I have 3 of their regs and love them.

Mike,

I don't think anyone was mad at you. They just didn't like the response you got from the dive shop! As a new diver, you are going to get everyones opinion about what THEY think is right for you - or in the case of SOME dive shops, what they need to sell. Your job, as a consumer, is to gather as much info as you can on any specific items that you are interested in, and try to make an informed decision. I will answer any questions you may have regarding Zeagle gear, but I didn't see a specific question in your original post.

If your local dive shops can't or won't help you, I would suggest that you give Larry at Scuba Toys a call. As far as I know, he will give you honest information on various brands of BCs and any other dive gear you may want - even if it isn't Zeagle gear!

If you have specific questions for me, please feel free to ask!

Good luck in your search!!

Scott

Mike,

Ya gotta admit, that's customer service! :cheering:

Ray

ScottZeagle:
Mike,

If you have specific questions for me, please feel free to ask!

Good luck in your search!!

Scott

[Begin inspirational music.....]

"And ScottZeagle watches another satisfied customer head out to the open sea!"

[Pan to sunset - dissolve to Zeagle Logo] :eyebrow:

. . . so GOOD for Scott Zeagle.
It's quite refreshing to see an American made product which is so strongly supported in its customer service area by its principals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom