Why no shops in Hilton Head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marusso:
That's cool. Just so you know, after labor day, the hotel rates go down dramatically. You could easily find something for about $50 a night or less. I recommend September, the weather is a few degrees cooler and there are hardly any tourists. Ocean temps are still solid in the mid 80's. Last week at 110' the water temp was 82 degrees.

-Mike

Thanks I will keep that in mind, can you PM me the names of some convenient ones? I don't care about fancy just safe and clean.

Also I am just your basic recreational diver, hope that is not a problem.

LindaBluedolphin:
Thanks I will keep that in mind, can you PM me the names of some convenient ones? I don't care about fancy just safe and clean.

Also I am just your basic recreational diver, hope that is not a problem.

Cool, no problem.

marusso:
My diving buddy SeaJay and I have been really considering the idea of opening a dive shop on Hilton Head. We have the resources, talent, and business backgrounds to get the job done as my family has been in business for twelve years on the island.

I do however have some major concerns about the interest in diving on the island. I have been asking people from this board to come out with us since June(for the price of splitting gas equally), and I have not even had the least bit in interest.

Two weeks ago, my friend from back in highschool drove down from Myrtle Beach to go out with us, and he absolutely loved it.

We are going out this weekend again, but it looks like it will be just us again.

I live in Charleston so Hilton Head is not that far for me. I would be interested in going out. Where do you generally go? I love wreck diving...

Usually the Betsy Ross or Eagle's Nest, but I have an itch to run out to snapper banks one of these days. Let me know when you plan to be in the area so we can coordinate a trip, weather permitting.

-Michael

Michael,

I will be in Hilton Head last week of October. What type of conditions would you expect then (assuming no hurricane)? If it would be reasonable (temp > 73 or so) then I would be interested in diving a couple of days.

OC

ocpaul:
Michael,

I will be in Hilton Head last week of October. What type of conditions would you expect then (assuming no hurricane)? If it would be reasonable (temp > 73 or so) then I would be interested in diving a couple of days.

OC

It will probably a little too cold for offshore. 60-70 degrees, but it always feels colder on the water. By then the inshore waters might clear up enough to do a megladon shark tooth dive if your interested.

-Michael

marusso:
My diving buddy SeaJay and I have been really considering the idea of opening a dive shop on Hilton Head. We have the resources, talent, and business backgrounds to get the job done as my family has been in business for twelve years on the island.

I do however have some major concerns about the interest in diving on the island. I have been asking people from this board to come out with us since June(for the price of splitting gas equally), and I have not even had the least bit in interest.

Two weeks ago, my friend from back in highschool drove down from Myrtle Beach to go out with us, and he absolutely loved it.

We are going out this weekend again, but it looks like it will be just us again.

I'll send you a PM.

marusso:
Usually the Betsy Ross or Eagle's Nest, but I have an itch to run out to snapper banks one of these days. Let me know when you plan to be in the area so we can coordinate a trip, weather permitting.

-Michael

Are y'all diving the last weekend in Sept. I will be in HH Thurs -Sun. Might be interested in diving. I have about 39 dives off Savannah and Beaufort (2000 total dives, Nitrox).

diveprof:
Are y'all diving the last weekend in Sept. I will be in HH Thurs -Sun. Might be interested in diving. I have about 39 dives off Savannah and Beaufort (2000 total dives, Nitrox).

Actually, I will be out of town, however, I believe SeaJay and two divers from North Carolina are planning on diving, so if you are interested, I can put you guys in touch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom