Why not Atomic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bro,

What is so special about the T3? How can a perfect regulator get more perfect?

DeeperBlue is reporting the following: "The T3 will have a three-year/300-dive service interval non-contingent lifetime warranty, and is due out in March 2013." Not sure how the T3 gets the extra service interval time, but three years is pretty nice.

DeeperBlue is reporting the following: "The T3 will have a three-year/300-dive service interval non-contingent lifetime warranty, and is due out in March 2013." Not sure how the T3 gets the extra service interval time, but three years is pretty nice.

My T1's had a 3 year 300 dive service interval in 1997.....?

Dunno, but the T2x is currently listed with a 2 year/300 dive service interval on Atomic's website. Maybe the 2 vs 3 thing is a mistake over at DeeperBlue?

Dunno, but the T2x is currently listed with a 2 year/300 dive service interval on Atomic's website. Maybe the 2 vs 3 thing is a mistake over at DeeperBlue?

Could be. I was making about 600 dives per year in those days. Service was when it was needed. Which was sometime around 2002... :)

Nope. No mistake. I saw the brochure and the new T3 is 3 years or 300 dives. It's even lighter than the T2X.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2012 at 05:20 PM ----------

Bro,

What is so special about the T3? How can a perfect regulator get more perfect?

Not sure how they did it but they did. Light as a feather. The only thing more perfect is if you had your own set of gills!

The seat saver feature is why tech divers don't like them, when deco bottles/stage bottles are charged and off and the gas leaves the second stage, water is driven into the first stage on descent.

I was thinking about that as well, but I honestly didn't know that anyone would keep gas off on a tank which was on them. Deco bottles which might be hung off a line, different story, but if the tank is on you and its off, hmm.. heh I wouldn't do that. :shrug:

Different discussion for a different thread though. :wink:

BDSC,

What else new Atomic had during DEMA?

They had a pair of paddle fins on display. Looked really sharp. They told me they are still working on the design and hope to have them out next year. They are also working on a new BCD and hope to have that out by next summer. They thought they would already have had it out by now but they are still ironing out the details.

What humors me about this discussion, its like many related to "gear" purchases. People have a stigmatism towards a certain type of gear, wether its the best or not. I can relate very much to that, I use to dive with Poseidon regs and I always use to wonder why people liked them so much! LOL

Yea, the Atomic regs are steered towards the consumer side of things, that mixed with the use of more exotic materials, for sure makes them expensive and turns a lot of divers way due to that expense. However I like to invest in American companies who build stellar products and you can't deny it, diving with a regulator made a few miles away vs one made in China, even if they both perform the same way, I'd rather dive with the local piece of equipment. In fact, the gear package I'm building is all 100% US made, from the gauges all the way to the drysuit.

Thanks again for the input and keep it comin! :)

Atomic is 100% US from start to finish as far as I know.

What humors me about this discussion, its like many related to "gear" purchases. People have a stigmatism towards a certain type of gear, wether its the best or not. I can relate very much to that, I use to dive with Poseidon regs and I always use to wonder why people liked them so much! LOL

Yea, the Atomic regs are steered towards the consumer side of things, that mixed with the use of more exotic materials, for sure makes them expensive and turns a lot of divers way due to that expense. However I like to invest in American companies who build stellar products and you can't deny it, diving with a regulator made a few miles away vs one made in China, even if they both perform the same way, I'd rather dive with the local piece of equipment. In fact, the gear package I'm building is all 100% US made, from the gauges all the way to the drysuit.

Thanks again for the input and keep it comin! :)

Back
Top Bottom