Why not measure objectively?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might be surprised what divers worry about. I spent about an hour last week figuring out the weights of three different systems for a customer who wanted to trim a pound or two off his vacation packing...
I lied... I also worry about my P valve being connected correctly!

I get it... might be great for some people. If a research paper / spreadsheet / or whatever ever comes out I'll look at it... might even come in handy one day.

Why not provide bouyancy characteristics? The ubiquitous Aluminum 80... Al80's have terrible bouyancy characteristics but that doesn't keep it from being most widely sold tanks out there...
Smart business practice is not to spend additional money that doesn't create a competitive advantage: personally, I would greatly prefer knowing how a prospective gear change will impact my bouyancy characteristics but quality/features/price/etc are going to impact my purchase decision more... (Tanks and a few other more significant items being an outlier, both in the numbers being well known and those numbers influencing my purchase decisions...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom