why some people dont agree that dir is really dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WJL:
What are you talking about??? What makes you think DIR advocates diving steel doubles in a wetsuit???
He's saying that he does it, and it's not DIR. Therefore, the DIR position is wrong.

Apparently, if you have a *thick* wetsuit, it's OK, but if you have a *thin* wetsuit it's not.

I don't think he gets that at 150 feet, there isn't that much difference between the thin one and the thick one :wink:

and yes dir does just fine on cold wrecks , dir is great but sometimes not completely compatible with different climates , different conditions and what not. and you have to also thing that everything in the gue curriculum thats dir was not invented by them. people have been doing that stuff for years.

ive been at 150 feet. wetsuit works for me. drysuit really isnt dir for me because it would be right to spend 2 months of paychecks on one.

Have you been at 150 feet, then completely emptied your bladder to see what would happen?

lamont:
isn't this a no trolling zone?
I think it is a legitimate question. It is a fact that at times in the past there were differences in certain minor equipment implementations between SE coast DIR and NW coast DIR. Most, if not all, of those minor differences have been eliminated afaik.

That allows for the discussion: Is there any regional difference in DIR implementation? Need there be?

everyone should just relaxand keep an open mind. everything isnt eitehr right or wrong. there really is a gray area.

yes i sink but i also have no problem swimming my gear with an empty bladder. have you ever been at 150 ft emptied your bladder and tried a free ascent?

I have not. I would be very impressed to see someone able to make a remotely controlled ascent from 150 feet to the surface with no BC while wearing a thick wetsuit and doubles. That would be mind boggling, I think.

OK... while typing the above Califonia Diver made addtional posts that have me thinking he is skirting the very edge of trolling here.

California Diver, this forum is for DIR discussions. If you take exception with DIR this is the wrong place to bring it up. Period.

If you are sincere about wanting to know if there are regional differences in DIR implementation then after asking that question let those who can speak for DIR give you the answer. It is perfectly fine at that point to ask what their DIR credentials are and if they can truly speak for DIR.

IF you are looking for non-DIR answers, then again, I ask you to take it somewhere else.

and ye i do believe there should be regional differences in the curriculum. especially for people like that me dont have a million dollars to spend on gear and have been taught that if you dont buy the top dollar gear its wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom