why some people dont agree that dir is really dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle Pug:
I think it is a legitimate question. It is a fact that at times in the past there were differences in certain minor equipment implementations between SE coast DIR and NW coast DIR.
150' on air in a wetsuit with steel doubles in cold water?

Troll or worse, IMO.

thats all i gots to say.

Maybe TDI will come out with a "Do It Nickel Rocket" class. DINR:F would be a 2 hour class for $50.

keep in mind steel 72s not a extremely heavy set. if i were diving95s or 104s that would be a different story. i would sink like a rock. sorry i didnt make that distinction before.

jonnythan:
He's saying that he does it, and it's not DIR. Therefore, the DIR position is wrong.

Apparently, if you have a *thick* wetsuit, it's OK, but if you have a *thin* wetsuit it's not.

I don't think he gets that at 150 feet, there isn't that much difference between the thin one and the thick one :wink:
I guess you are right about CD's views on wetsuits and steel doubles but what he said before means the opposite: "the [DIR] philosophy of no diving doubles without a wetsuit isnt true out here..." It appears that CD's language skills aren't up to using a triple negative in one sentence.

And UP, I think this is definitely a troll thread. Now I'm sorry I got involved in it.

it seems no matter what is said this whole forum is a trolling forum because the people in here want to fight to the death over whats right and wrong and not believe that for some people dir is not dir. changes need to be made.

oops i messed up there, all you can do is bash me for grammar. you are the troller.

Cali, it seems your only beef is with the wetsuits and steel doubles thing.. and your only reason for not having a drysuit is that you can't afford it.

So your only beef with DIR is that you can't afford the proper gear?

no thats not it at all. im just saying the extremely strict philosophy should have some leaniancy for different conditions. if you dont agree i dont care. have fun diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom