Why you should, or should not, service your own regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Learn something new every day. I've bought a lot of stuff from DGX, but never knew they stocked all those Poseidon parts. And they're close, so I can pick stuff up from them.

maybe that was it, I was asking for specific parts and he said he didn't have them and wasn't actively stocking them anymore, mentioned dropping most of the Poseidon stuff due to availability of parts which is why they aren't on his website anymore and he told someone else a few months ago he was no longer a Poseidon dealer, doesn't mean he's not an authorized tech obviously, but oh well, l get mine direct now which is nice.

Regarding DGX, they started stocking relatively recently, is new in the last year and a bit.

Tom,

Anything is possible. John told me, directly, that he was still a dealer and still doing tech for them, just finding it hard to get parts in recent years. While he certainly could lie to me, not sure of the benefit. We have had a direct relationship for almost 15 years and I have spent many hours in his store. Even negotiated a discount for members of a local club here in NC.

But hey, anything is possible

Like I said, was 6 months ago and he may have changed his mind, I also haven't had the direct relationship with him that you have, point being, DGX is easy to order parts from directly online, and DRiS is very easy to work with getting parts, shoot an email for a quote with the part numbers and good to go for most people

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom