Will a custom regulator mouthpiece fit any rented regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buy a seacure in a 1 and a 2, and take both with you on trips, and use which ever one fits the reg you rent. (keep the part of the package that lists the brands it goes to, and keep them separate somehow, like use different colors.)

don't be afraid to cut off the back parts if they feel too long. there's no need for the bite wings to be all in your sinuses.

In my experience, the portion of the SeaCure that attaches to the regulator is not as pliable as most mouthpieces and would present difficulties moving from reg-to-reg-to-reg.

A viable (and less expensive) option is the Trident R530 moldable mouthpiece.

Not ANY regulator. You'll see on the SeaCures that they have a "I, II, and III" model. These numbers don't represent the quality of the mouthpieces, just the regulators they are meant to fit. I can't remember which number corresponds to which make though.

On a different note, why? Why would you want to go through the trouble of removing the rental mouthpiece every time. I realize it may be a little more sanitary. Your issue with the headaches and jaw fatigue is probably due to you "German Shepard"ing the mouthpiece, it happens a lot with newer divers, and I doubt that EVERY hose you've ever had on your regs was too short or too stiff and caused jaw fatigue

well I have only dove in both Cozumel and Dominican republic (multiple times), Cabo, and Hawaii. So pretty much warm water conditions.

An alternate moldable mouthpiece is the Trident R530: Trident Ortho Mouthpiece W Bite Tabs - Sport Chalet
Most any diveshop can order it.
It’s cheaper and the portion that mates with the regulator is more pliable.
However, it doesn’t have as long a bite surface as the SeaCure.
There's also one by Jax, but I'm not familiar with it.

I think he probably got it worked out since the thread is 2 years old. But thanks for posting that alternative mouthpiece. Good to know.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Last edited:
oops. Yep, brain flatulence on my part. Thought I was in a different thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom