Will electrical system in Bonaire give me trouble charging camera batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoopAir

Registered
Reaction score
I just want to make sure that having the electrical system in Bonaire at 127 volts/50 herts instead of 110-120 volts/60 hertz in the USA will not be an issue. Specifically for charging my camera batteries for my Canon G10 and Nikon P7100. I will be staying at Buddy Dive.

Will I need to obtain any transformers, converters, adapters, etc or can I still treat it just like in the US? Is so, will I have to wait to get to Bonaire to purchase these or can I do so stateside?

Thanks everyone!

should not be an issue most electronics especially chargers and laptop power supply's work on a floating voltage of 110-240v and 50-60 hz.
this info should be on your charger label . you can check there or your manufacture data sheet . you might need a converter for the pin configuration of the outlet though . i have not been to Bonaire so i don't know if the receptacle is the same as the US .

Take look at the specs for each charger. There should be a voltage and a frequency range stated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No...

Agreed, the wall outlets vary but I have never seen a room (I was at Buddy last week) that at least half of the outlets were the US varity, usually the large appliance outlets - a/c and the like are European but the user outlets are US style. If you have a lot of stuff to plug in, plan to spread it around the condo or just take a small power strip.

Been twice to Capt Don's now and have never had an issue with camera batteries, AA/AAA's, iphones, ipads, bluetooth speakers, any of that stuff.

Agreed, the wall outlets vary but I have never seen a room (I was at Buddy last week) that at least half of the outlets were the US varity, usually the large appliance outlets - a/c and the like are European but the user outlets are US style. If you have a lot of stuff to plug in, plan to spread it around the condo or just take a small power strip.

AC meaning air conditioning or AC as in Alternating Current?

Thanks!

No. If you charge from an outlet that accepts a standard US-style plug, you will have no problem. The problems that do arise are generally limited to appliances that have AC motors. The motors tend to wear out a bit sooner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom