Will I be happy in Roatan in Feb? Rainy? Chilly? I'll be in the West End....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, you just never know I suppose....sounds like if I wanna avoid the rain my best chance is to wait a few months. I got the Matrix site from someone else, so that will be helpful when the time comes to look. :) Sounds like you've had some great adventures!
Why are you waiting?

Capture.jpg

Why are you waiting?

Well, because I have enough saved for the plane ticket. I don't have the luxury of just saying "oh...i'm gonna whip it on a credit card and worry about paying it later." I also don't have the luxury of my parents buying the trips for me like they used to when I was younger. I have to save...the rest of this year...to have money for this trip....basically a Ramen Noodle type of saving money. LOL. That's why it's such a big deal to me. :) But OMG I would LOVE to go in August...... :) Already dreaming of it....literally....I'm diving in my dreams lately. I got a better job about a month ago...and yes...this is what I'm doing with the pay raise.

Ok, sounds reasonable enough. :thumb: Use your time to shop for best buys, service your gear and practice in local waters, etc. I guess you have essential DAN dive insurance? You need that for local diving too of course. I always get my trip insurance at TravelSafe.com but there are many good choices for comparisons.

Use your time to shop for best buys, service your gear and practice in local waters, etc. I guess you have essential DAN dive insurance? You need that for local diving too of course. .

Will be doing some diving in some small local lakes and moving up to some Lake Michigan wreck dives this summer to get back into the groove...nothing like that warm caribbean water, that's for sure! I don't have DAN anymore since it's been a few years since I've been diving, but will get it again soon.

Back
Top Bottom