Will this combination work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
We mainly dive in the Caribbean but would like to be able to make the occasional dive trip to Southern California or W. Australia (similar to S. Cal).

I have been looking at the Henderson Hyperstretch combinations of a full suit and core warmer.

Will a 3mm full + 3mm core warmer work OK, or would a 3+5 be a better bet? I am assuming a 3mm hood as well.

Will this combo work at all for S Cal?

Graham

Honestly, I don't think that would be warm enough for So Cal unless you are really warm blooded.

Most people wear 7mm or more out here, even in Summer. People still get cold.

So far I've been comfortable in just a 7mm full suit and 7mm hood, but I tend to stay warm if I have any adequate protection as I put out a good bit of heat.

Your legs and arms would likely get cold with just 3mm.

Xanthro

Thanks for the feedback. We bit the bullet and got both 3mm's and 7mm's (with hood).

What we did not get were the Hendersons - I was not very impressed with them. The fit was wierd (or we are), they felt flimsy, the kneepads were uncomforatable and the dealer...... clueless.

We then tried the xcels - what a difference! Great fit off the shelf, seemed better made and very clued up dealer. Thats where the money ended up.

now all I need is a dive shop in La Jolla....

The Excel's have that "Gold Core like" linning right? Those are really nice suits but I had the exact opposite experience, I couldn't fit in the Excel. Wierd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom