Win a revolutionary dive flag. 3 to give away. 10 photos...how much do know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a few issues loading my final and killer image...but it wouldn't work. So, instead, I have had to include one that you will probably know but I hope you dont :wink:

#10 Name? (and its not Lionel)

Pic 10.jpg

Thanks!

This was fun game to play. Let me know if you have all 10 of my answers.

So, I am curious about the flag. Since it has such a small surface area, to what degree it is actually noticeable from afar?

So, I am curious about the flag. Since it has such a small surface area, to what degree it is actually noticeable from afar?

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the flag either. Is this supposed to replace or augment a SMB?

Hi,

It can be noticed from roughly 1 kilometre away. Its very lightweight and can be easily stored in your BCD. From all the feedback we have had from people who use them, some now use it as the primary source of being picked up as its so easy, and others have never used it but are glad that its there. It wont replace all the other kit you have for being spotted, but because of its size and weight it is easy to stick in your kit bag and I suppose for less than $40 its an affordable back up at the very least.

Anyway, you might be up for a free one and if you win it, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

---------- Post added April 23rd, 2014 at 07:37 PM ----------

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the flag either. Is this supposed to replace or augment a SMB?

Hi,
Its not designed to replace anything. Its simply a easy addition that can help you get spotted in rough or calm sea. As its lightweight it can reach over 2 meters with an extended arm and held for quite some time. Some of those who use it, have attached a small battery operated light to the tip which is something we are considering.

Thanks

---------- Post added April 24th, 2014 at 01:02 PM ----------

7 days left to get the answers in.

Here are the winners!

I thought more would get them all right.

1. SS President Coolidge - Espiritu Santo, Vanatau
2. Giant Oarfish
3. Sweepstakes - Ontario Lake
4. Blunt Nose Sixgill Shark -
5. Cleopatra's Palace - Alexandria, Egypt
6. Thistlegorm - Ras Muhammed, Red Sea
7. Monkfish / Headfish / Goosefish
8. The Cancun Underwater Museum (MUSA)
9. 'Underwater' Jane Russell 1955
10. Coconut Octopus / Veined Octopus

There were some very detailed answers but above are the basics.

The draw was done under scientific conditions. My daughter Chloe pulled THREE out of a bowl that had all the winners in it.

The Draw.jpg

And the three winners are...

Winners.jpg

Thank you for entering. I will PM the three lucky winners and will get the dive flag in the post in the morning or as soon as they give me an address.

If you would like another competition let me know and I will come up with something different.

All the best and thanks

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom