Wine with dinner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aranea:
I think it depends on person. I had 1 bottle of wine and some vodka or shared a bootle of tequila among 3.5 people the night before dive and had no problems. I had lots of water as said above.
Wow! THat's a lot of booze. Remeber though, just because you got away with it once, doesn't mean you'll be okay the next time. If you dehydrate too much you increase your chances of getting DCI by a significant amount. Combine that with any combination of less sleep, more or deepers dives, current or cold water and you might have a problem.

scubabear2004:
I'm taking the padi certification at Ambergris Caye.......- is one glass okay?

I was on Ambergris Caye in August and drank bottled "water" the whole time I was there...they call it Belikin :D

I have dove hungover and that is a pain in the ***.

Remember that if you are going to dive the Blue Hole or Lighthouse the boat leaves at 5 am...Total buzz kill.

yeah iv drank 3-4 beer night before and fine diving the next day but one time i drank about a case of beer. never again i think i may have had slight dcs

As long as you have white wine with fish, and red wine with red meat..........

scubabear2004:
Your posts are awesome - we're bring down some old Cab's for our 30th - we'll drink plenty of water before bedtime - remember I'll be studying a lot for the exam therefore consumption will be limited. Gary D. - meet us there and we'll give you a glass of a rare old 1978 Joseph Phelps Insignia Wine. I forgot to mention that our friend who is a winemaker made all these wines while at Joseph Phelps. Thanks for your answers.

I’m seriously jealous; the Insignia is a great quaff! I hope it was stored properly because it definitely has the legs to age for 27 years. In any case, enjoy!

In the Caymans I have been on boats dropping beer to divers on the deco bar. For the record they were fine.

thats totally cool, i even have a beer or two just dont abuse it and get drunk. as long as you know your limits, a rule of thumb for me is i stop before i am slightly buzzed

Personally I try to limit my drinking to water the night before I dive. However, since I dive so frequently I do occasionally have a glass or two of wine the night before (strictly for health reasons of course). When I do, I just maintain good hydration.

I have seen divers (often led by instructors and DM's) who party hardy the night before a dive. I will not dive with them the next day if I can avoid it.

taylode:
I’m seriously jealous; the Insignia is a great quaff! I hope it was stored properly because it definitely has the legs to age for 27 years. In any case, enjoy!
Last year we bought our first Wine refrigerated unit - holds 112 bottles. Very neat to have. The wine can actually age longer.

scubabear2004:
Last year we bought our first Wine refrigerated unit - holds 112 bottles. Very neat to have. The wine can actually age longer.

I have a 9 bottle wooden rack that neither the wife nor I can keep more than 1/3 filled at any given time.

I also gave up on making my own beer. They said the longer it ages the better it tastes.......one day past the "you may now tap" date is fine with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom