Winging it: Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you will catch a little better weather on the North Coast during Christmas Season. I know the dry season is extended there... Anyway Tulamben is brillent and the North Coast of Bali is extremely underrated. That's my 2 cents...

This is a great thread, thanks for all the great info. Might get a chance to "wing it" on Bali.. Potentials are last 2 weeks of February or first 2 weeks of May. The plan would be to move at our own pace wherever we like. Diving some days but not all. Any idea on how these two times compare for:

- crowded?
- weather
- visibility
- accommodation prices
- accommodation availability (without booking ahead)

Also, is a good strategy to rent a jeep in Kuta then keep it for the trip, so we have maximum flexibility of moving around?

Thanks.

Hi all;

Can anyone go through the excellent info in this thread and confirm how relevant it is now? any updates greatly appreciated.

My first 'real' trip to indo (spent 3 weeks in pulau weh last march). I will be diving indo november/december including at least a few weeks on Bali, as well as alor and hopefully a komodo/flores liveaboard. May try to get to sualwesi. Any other suggestions and info happily received. I have all my own gear, frequently dive alone at home in Hawaii, and prefer quiet, local and somewhat cheap (not rock bottom) travel.

aloha
- arp

ps. photo junkies - here are some shots with my new nex-5/10-bar housing from a trip I just did to ras mohammed: https://picasaweb.google.com/arpadlogin/RasMohammed2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Hello Arpad, The raining season starts november till march. This is not the time to dive Komode, strong currents, big waves. I recommomend u to do the komodo trip in between March - October. U will beautiful things, and will see everything...

Bali is beautiful to dive... but u have seen that in earlier posts in this topic.

Komodo in November last year was great. A few brief showers, flat seas, lots of sun. During the Northern Hemisphere summer, the southern sites generally have poor visibility. They don't get good until October/November. And when is there not current in Komodo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom