Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are diving down from Nashville, TN this morning and will be staying on Navarre beach. Planning on diving the jetties or the springs depending on weather and how much cold we can stand with our 7mm suits (wish we were diving dry).

We are up for diving anytime on Saturday. Please post the times and locations your going to be at so that we can try and meet up.

Also wouldn't mind getting some dives in early on Sunday (good football starting early afternoon).

Hi all,

Is everyone still looking to get together around 1-1:30?

Yes, we will be diving Ft Pickens around 1:30 on Saturday. I am sure we will be easy to spot. Look forward to seeing you there.

I just spoke with Walter (wjefferis) on the phone. He asked me to post that the Saturday jetty dive is being moved to the Destin Jetty. They just finished diving Fort Pickens and visibility was next to zero at depth. High tide at Destin is sometime around 4 PM according to Walter. According to Scuba Tech in Destin, the dredges are still in Destin, but they are not currently dredging. So, if we can get the tide to pull in some good water from the Gulf, we might be able to get a decent dive.

So, Jetty Fest is meeting in the Destin Jetty parking area on Saturday, January 23, 2010, around 2 PM. We will meet up and walk out to the jetties shortly thereafter. If you get there later, and no one is in the parking lot, just come on down to the East Jetty.

I should be able to make this dive, so look forward to meeting some of you there.

Yes, do not park at the parking lot at the end. You will have a stroke before reaching the jetties. Park as close to the shower head as you can...the parallel spots you were referring too. I will have two tanks with me, but will let conditions determine if I make it a two tank dive. I will be diving my LP108, so I can probably get two dives on that one tank.

Got the message.

We'll be heading out from Mobile around 11 tomorrow morning.
I assume Everyone will try to park in the parallell spots accross from the beach access (i.e. NOT in the parking lot at the end of the road).

We're bringing 2 tanks apeice. Is everyone else planning on 2 dives?

Carl

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread unstuck at OP request.

Back
Top Bottom