Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I will see you guys around 1:00 pm or so Friday? Hopefully by then I will have my weighting with the drysuit ok.

The weather looks like it is going to be great on Friday and Saturday!! :D

The weather looks like it is going to be great on Friday and Saturday!! :D

The weather will come in while we are sleeping saturday night and the sun will come out in the morning making Sunday another good day. This might be a day to try Navarre Beach.

The weather will come in while we are sleeping saturday night and the sun will come out in the morning making Sunday another good day. This might be a day to try Navarre Beach.

Don't forget the Pensacola Pier rubble as well. If the gulf is calm it can be alot of fun. I have heard that is has uncovered quite a bit and heard of people seeing lots of turtles and octopus out there.

Scatch that.....looks like the gulf may not cooperate (although you know how forecasts go). This will not effect Ft. Pickens since it is in the pass, but it looks like there may be some decent wave action for P-Cola Beach and Navarre Beach:

Friday...Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 knots or less late. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 feet late. Bays and coastal waterways a light chop.

Friday Night...Winds becoming east 5 to 10 knots late...then increasing to 10 to 15 knots. Seas building to 2 to 4 feet in the morning. Bays and coastal waterways a light chop.

Saturday...East winds around 15 knots...then becoming southeast 20 to 25 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet building to 5 to 7 feet. Bays and coastal waterways rough. Slight chance of showers.

Saturday Night...Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots becoming south late. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bays and coastal waterways rough. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday...West winds 15 to 20 knots becoming northwest 20 to 25 knots late. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bays and coastal waterways rough. Numerous showers and thunderstorms.

Surf was up today, just a little heads up.

I am finally packed and will be heading out in the morning. As you all know, I will need hours to get ready once I get there so I don't want anyone having to wait on me to get into the water :D

Hi all,

In the last few days the stars have aligned and my girlfriend and I will be able to go diving on Saturday. After reading through the thread, it looks as if everyone will still be at Ft. Pickens. High Tide is supposed to be around 3 o'clock. I'm working night shift Friday night, so that should allow me a few hours sleep- - - then we'll be on our way from Mobile.

We will both need to get it the water a little early and do a weight check: She's never dove with this much wetsuit and I've not done saltwater at these temps. Other obligations are preventing us from being able to camp Sat. night so we're planning to park over by the seawall. Is everyone still looking to get together around 1-1:30?

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Carl

Hi all,

In the last few days the stars have aligned and my girlfriend and I will be able to go diving on Saturday. After reading through the thread, it looks as if everyone will still be at Ft. Pickens. High Tide is supposed to be around 3 o'clock. I'm working night shift Friday night, so that should allow me a few hours sleep- - - then we'll be on our way from Mobile.

We will both need to get it the water a little early and do a weight check: She's never dove with this much wetsuit and I've not done saltwater at these temps. Other obligations are preventing us from being able to camp Sat. night so we're planning to park over by the seawall. Is everyone still looking to get together around 1-1:30?

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Carl

Yes we are planning on being there at 1:00 t 1:30

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom