Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, with Ft. Pickens Road back open it looks like we just might get things rolling again. I am not sure if camping will still be an option though. I am not sure if the campgrounds are open again or not. Thats ok with me, I live close enough to drive and dive and miss out on the whole freezing your butt off part. :cold:

The campground was open to hikers only before the road reopned. I am ready for camping and all.

All sites are $20.00 a night, and on a first-come, first-served basis. All campers must register at the Fort Pickens Ranger Station between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Campers who have Golden Age/Interagency Senior and Golden Access/Interagency Access Pass holders receive a 50% discount.
Reservations will not be available until 2010.
The Campground Store is not open this season. Limited supplies and grocery items will be available at the Firehouse Snack Bar near the fishing pier.
For additional information please call 850-934-2622.

I may still be up for this, looks like fun.

Got it marked on the calendar. Still plan on coming.

Ok, a question was PM'ed to me about meet times and schedules for dives, which is a very good question that hasn't been covered yet. I guess the question is:

1. What date and time and at what locations are most people going to be?

There are several sites to choose from and I am sure some people will want to hit multiple sites in one day. This is great for those you already have a dive buddy, but there will be several people who are coming by themselves hoping to insta-buddy with someone. I am also sure there will be many attending who have never dove these sites and would appreciate having someone who can show them around a bit.

So, feel free to post your schedule up or at least your rough ideas of what you want to do. Maybe this way people can get together and meet up with a bunch of SB'ers and have a good time. Afterall, isn't that what jettyfest should be all about.:D

I'm in as well. Although depending on the weather I may have a base of operations out of my house. I could see about turning the theater room into a hostil (sp?)

Here are the tide times to help determine the dive locations.

Date Location Low Tide High Tide

1-22-2010
Pensacola Jetties 1:39am 2:37pm
Destin Jetties 1:39am 3:26pm
St. Andrews 12:23am 2:21pm

1-23-2010
Pensacola Jetties 2:36am 3:11pm
Destin Jetties 2:26am 4:00pm
St. Andrews 1:10am 2:55pm

1-24-2010
Pensacola Jetties 3:26am 4:02pm
Destin Jetties 3:26am 4:51pm
St. Andrews 2:10am 3:46pm

Do you guys/gals want to meet up at Ft. Pickens on Friday the 22nd (weather permitting) at 1:00 pm to get things started? That should give us time for a two tank dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom