winter months!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hantzu701 once bubbled...
<snip>

What do you do during the winter months when you can't dive?

There's no where on earth you can't dive in the winter. It would take an ice-age to keep me out of the water no matter how cold it gets.

R..

just kidding - if we cant get somewhere warm to dive in the winter, we enjoy a myriad of other activities like snow shoeing - snow mobiling - - -or sitting near a fire throwing back a couple of microbrews! :boozer: LOL!!! I HATE the cold, so whatever it takes to be warm... that doesnt sound right!

SAVE MONEY for next season and the cycle begins again :)

i live in san diego...so people dive year round here. even during the summer, the temp is mid 50's below thermocline.

but during the rare cases where it's too cold to dive (if there is such a whimp out there), sleeping might be a good medicine....dream about diving.

You guys should have great water temps right now w/ all the fire heating things up :D

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
we enjoy a myriad of other activities like snow shoeing - snow mobiling - - -or sitting near a fire throwing back a couple of microbrews!

There ya go!

I just got a new 700cc snowmobile :)

*whisper* zoom-zoom

...I was certified in winter. It's winter now and I'm still diving. But among other things, SI's consist of...
img33.jpg

as well as...
img36.jpg

Yep, that's me driving:D

O-ring once bubbled...

Of course! When there are other equally fun things to do, a little diversity helps keep things interesting.

Yup, I agree, although I'm the opposite (due to my choice of alternate activites). In the summer I much more apt to go fishing, hiking, moutian biking, or free diving for lobster than suba dive off a crowed beach or charter boat in green water. Plus, I hate putting on the gear when it's 90degs out and humid.

Winter is my main season for diving - it's really what I live for. The water gets so much clearer here in NE and I just really enjoy it.

saving for a trip to the Maldives for christmas to dive in 10' viz (coz the mantas and turtles keep getting in the way) and sitting on the beach whilst some guy shuttles back and forwards to the bar in search of the perfect cuba libra.

then I wake up and realise that my dry suit needs to have the spiders and bugs shaken out of it, and give them a damn good seeing to, in a freezing cold lake.

Jeez I hate the winter!

Back
Top Bottom