Wiring Reed Switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmith89

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The canister light I am building now uses a simple toggle switch coated in jb weld to make sure it doesn't leak. Everyone keeps saying how toggle switches leak and fail and say to use a magnetic reed switch like the ones used for alarm systems, but go on to say that they can't handle a lot of current and you have to use a relay. Does anyone have a diagram on how to wire this set up preferably one that is easy to understand and will one of these alarm reed switches work through the end cap of sch40 pvc pipe?

I use a reed switch to start the video display on my makeshift camera. It works through the Ikelite plastic housing. Here is a basic block diagram on how to wire it.

file attached

Attachments

• BLOCK DIAGRAM.doc
    61 KB · Views: 124
You in Raleigh or Morehead ?? Be happy to drop by and give you a hand...seems like I have some low coil current relays around here somewhere. What is the operating current of the light?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom