Wish us luck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck to you and the wife !
Fill us in on the details Monday !

www.scubamazing.com:
Good Luck. Have you done much in Monterey Before? Its beautiful!..... cold though.

Enjoy

Yes all the time. Heading back down on Friday for Deco out of Pt Lobos then again on Sunday for more diving.

Now for the update. So on Thursday night, we met at the shop for a meet and greet with the additional IT. Had some food and just BS'd. Headed home for some rest. Hard to sleep ofcourse. Up bright and early and off to the shop classroom. 8am. Easy going, fill out some paperwork, listen to some ethics stuff, hear some liability horror stories, etc... Then presentations began:shakehead . Went horrible but I learned what they were looking for. The 1st one for me was as bad as it gets. Leaving out info, reading from the book too much, not interacting with the students enough. Stuff like that. It was still a pass. Second one went a lot smoother since I knew what they wanted to see. Took the written test after that, 150 questions which cover everything from standards, physics, physiology, equipment, etc. Lot of math involved there. Pretty tough test but I missed 6 and ofcourse passed. Wife missed 3. I was pretty frustrated by the end of Friday. Not knowing if I was going to pass or not just based on the feedback I had received during the presentations. I was at the shop for about 13 hours. Saturday was some more admin stuff at the shop for about an hour and then we went to the pool and did in water presentations and skills. It was fun but was an butt kicker. Sunday we hit the ocean. We did skills with the students (Instructor Trainers) and they threw everything at us. That was fun but we got worked! We then had to do a full rescue. One of the IT's was in Doubles. He did the panicked diver on the surface and went after my wife. She did her best to get away from him and try to calm him while I dropped a few feet below the surface and snatched him up by his manifold and rolled him like a turtle face up in the water. I fully inflated his 55 lb bladder and rode him in like sea biscuit until he cut the excercise. Then we did an unconscience diver on the surface and did the full rescue to include bringing him out of the water and CPR. Kicked my *****!!

When it was all said and done all four of us passed. We learned a lot and still have more to learn but it was fun. I am glad it is over. It was a long process. Did learn the secret scuba instructor handshake though.

We have our 1st class on the 15th. We will probably Team Teach though to help each other out.

Luvnthelife:
Are you doing it through Jared at MBDC? I think I saw you guys in there last night.

No. Advanced Diving Technologies in Pittsburg and we are done. Finished on Sunday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom