Wobbegong to the Groin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubababe once bubbled...
...only six stitches and a tooth removal.

ONLY?????

Chad

serves the guy right....

I'm disgusted that he was "having a go" with the wobby,

however, it does make for a good laugh - bet that wobby smiled for days!!!!:sharks:

Cheers

maybe he was feeding hot dogs to the wobby.
Joens

joens once bubbled...
was this guy spearfishing or catching lobsters or something other wobbegong attacks I heard of the poor wobbegong was just after his normal food and didn't know a diver was on the other end.
joens

Nope, Jai was the first diver to descend to the wreck and it just "came at him". Tell ya what, next time I dive the St Paul I'm definately gonna be towards the end of the pack, instead of rushing to be first in the water, if that's the prize they're awarding the first diver to the wreck!

Also, spearfishing on scuba is illegal in Oz, and lobster/cray hunting on scuba is illegal in Queensland, and also in several other states.

I don't get it. Who lost the tooth?

I'll bet it was the diver-biting down from the pain...

did he get to keep the tooth that would make a neat display at the dive shop.
joens.

Dectek once bubbled...
I see that we are not the only forum that has a knee jerk reaction to include DIR into any subject.
on the Dive-Oz site a reply to this same story was:

Guy.Witting wrote:
Well ... if he was a DIR diver he would have had his buddy to hold the wobbie down, and the crotch strap and scooter tow ring would have protected his vitals.
I've stopped reading the DiveOz site - the DIR arguments were just ridiculous - there is even a forum now titled "DIR Vs Strokes".

Had to laugh when i read this one. This guy must of had some iron balls. Either that or the shark had a bad tooth and was ready to fall out anyways. Hope he's doing okay and.

Back
Top Bottom