Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Drysuit Diver--will dive anywhere

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Technical Diver

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMistress2:
I think you fit into the normal set of divers. I'm the same, I wear my drysuit on every dive except when in the pool with students.

You couldn't pay me to actually get wet in open water in our area.

Now the Bahamas is different, I wore a 5mm full when I was there last year and it was 80F (25C). Some of my friends wore their 7mm semi-dry suits.

No matter what you're wearing (unless equipped with Argon) after an hour of bottom time you're going to get chilly.

Whoah! 5mm in the Bahamas is overkill. You might want to consider a full 3mm plus a sleeveless vest underneath if you find you are getting chilly in warmer waters.

Been there, done that... got the vest to prove it! :wink:

SubMariner:
Whoah! 5mm in the Bahamas is overkill. You might want to consider a full 3mm plus a sleeveless vest underneath if you find you are getting chilly in warmer waters.

Been there, done that... got the vest to prove it! :wink:

At 80F I wear a shorty and am just fine.............

smrtblnddiver:
At 80F I wear a shorty and am just fine.............

More than anything, a full 3mm is protection against accidental coral scrapes e.g.: those nasty surf entries/exits. Also useful if you happen to surface in a swarm of thimble jellies.

Gotta think ahead, eh?!

I wasn't implying that everyone has the same tolerance to cold as I do, I admit I'm a suck when it comes to being cold.

If I had it my way I'd dive my drysuit in every condition.

But after 4-6 dives/day, most people tend to lose their original warmth. It's up to each of us to know what our limitations are and to wear the appropriate exposure suit.

went cold never again I am a warm water diver for sure nothing under 75 degrees. for me

Some of us are cold water divers but not tech yet. I only dive cold (being in Ontario and don't dive dry) but I am headed tech some time in the near future. :evilsmile

Rhizophora79:
Just what kind of diver are you?

Late June to end of September..North America diver + tropics anytime :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom