Word from the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

has power as of yesterday... not sure about Coconuts, but there are plenty of eating and drinking establishments now open for business.
SoCalOffshore:
We were suppose to fly out yesterday, but have postponed untill next tuesday, Nov 1. I hope the Key Largo Holiday Inn and Coconuts Bar are OK. We were suppose to dive with dive inn. no word yet.

KeyLargoBrent:
has power as of yesterday... not sure about Coconuts, but there are plenty of eating and drinking establishments now open for business.

Thanks Brent. Is your boat up and running? I may be calling you for some diving. Our schedule is now diving Key Largo November 2nd through November 4th.

Patty at Marina Del Mar Resort reports that power has been restored to the resort as of this morning, tho some folks are still unable to get through to them by phone. Let me know if you need help with accommodations for this weekend. Those who already have reservations (you should have a confirmation number) are good to go.

We're planning our first trip (something <60' deep) since Wilma for this Saturday morning. We have deep wreck dives (Bibb/Grove/Duane) planned for Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, and Sunday afternoon. If you're like me... in serious need of a nitrogen fix... come on down! We have plenty of availability all weekend long.

I'm expecting a viz report from the Spiegel Grove and a nearby dive site late this afternoon, and will post it here as soon as I have it.

Coconuts had their awning blown off pretty early on in the storm. I remember seeing it behind Cantore during one of his reports. Not sure how they fared during the rest of the storm. Power is back on for most of Marathon but flooding was worse than we had anticipated, we had about 18" in the house and our "Keys Cruiser II" (old Plymouth Voyager) was flooded at the airport.

I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn, but have not spoken to them since Wilma. we wanted to dive the Grove, Duane and some wreck my buddy tells me we can spearfish on. we also wanted to do some additonal spearfishing and try and find some lobsters. we also wanted to get nitrox. we were originally scheduled with dive inn, but i have not heard back from them. i will call you tomorrow and we can discuss our options.

KeyLargoBrent:
Captain Bob on the Cheeca View (Horizon Divers) called in (a generous 30') of viz from the Spiegel Grove, and 15' of viz from the Benwood Wreck this afternoon. Visibility should continue to improve over time.

Good maybe it will improve through the weekend. I am going to be diving with Silent World in Key Largo next week. I was hoping to get some beautiful conditions like 50' vis or greater. Do you think that is a possiblity? Please share any reports that you recieve. I am going to give Silent World a call tomorrow and ask them about todays and yesterdays dives. I will post my findings.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom