Work Holiday Parties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00scuba

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well....go ahead and tell me BAAHUMBUG....but this has to be the worst part of the work world, the dreaded, optional, but make you feel guilty if you don't go, Holiday party for your job.

First its not during work, so its taking away time from who you would really like to be spending time. Then its what to wear, guys have it easy, but you know us girls, got to be new and you got to look great! Then its the ...ohhhh...no business talk tonight....RIGHT .....you have to make sure that the right people see you and you come up with intelligent and witty conversation. Then the ...how much to drink, as i have learned in the past not enough that it makes you lick an ice scuplture or grind on a nutcracker in the hotel lobby.

Then there is the date situation. You want to bring someone fun, but that might not help with the ice scuplture. nutcracker problems. Or you run into someone that you may have some feelings for with their date......now that is a category all of its own!
You can go alone.....but again, who will monitor your drinking behavior to keep you in check????? Or you bring a same sex friend and confirm rumors of your gayness.

So, if i am motivated enough to have ownership in a company, lets say CEO and President.....i'll give a FAT BONUS.....because you know XMAS is all aboutthe economy and cash anyways.

And a little disclaimer....for my employees and co-workers that I work with that I really do enjoy....you know who you are.....i think we can all go and drink...in comfortable clothes and get as drunk as we want and still have our jobs and like each other the next day!

00scuba:
....Then there is the date situation. You want to bring someone fun, but that might not help with the ice scuplture. nutcracker problems. Or you run into someone that you may have some feelings for with their date......now that is a category all of its own!
You can go alone.....but again, who will monitor your drinking behavior to keep you in check????? Or you bring a same sex friend and confirm rumors of your gayness.

I'm totally with you on this one! I'm going through the whole debate now whether or not to even go (I need to let them know my final decision by 3pm tomorrow) and being single here is a drag! I was considering bringing a guy friend, but the one I would feel comfortable bringing has other plans that night, which leaves me bringing a female friend, which will totally start rumors (it's bad enough being single in a company where almost everyone else is married). What to do?

You hit one out of the park with that one..my sentiments exactly! LMAO!!!

cough...cough...cough.....I'm really not feeling to well....

:eyebrow:

00scuba:
Well....go ahead and tell me BAAHUMBUG....but this has to be the worst part of the work world, the dreaded, optional, but make you feel guilty if you don't go, Holiday party for your job.

First its not during work, so its taking away time from who you would really like to be spending time. Then its what to wear, guys have it easy, but you know us girls, got to be new and you got to look great! Then its the ...ohhhh...no business talk tonight....RIGHT .....you have to make sure that the right people see you and you come up with intelligent and witty conversation. Then the ...how much to drink, as i have learned in the past not enough that it makes you lick an ice scuplture or grind on a nutcracker in the hotel lobby.

Then there is the date situation. You want to bring someone fun, but that might not help with the ice scuplture. nutcracker problems. Or you run into someone that you may have some feelings for with their date......now that is a category all of its own!

So, if i am motivated enough to have ownership in a company, lets say CEO and President.....i'll give a FAT BONUS.....because you know XMAS is all aboutthe economy and cash anyways.

And a little disclaimer....for my employees and co-workers that I work with that I really do enjoy....you know who you are.....i think we can all go and drink...in comfortable clothes and get as drunk as we want and still have our jobs and like each other the next day!

I know exactly what you mean. I don't think you should go with someone of the same sex.... or an old flame. The key to this situation is 100 gallons of lube and a slipe n slide. It's all about the entrance. I got one of those classic yellow slip n slides and a couple 50 gallon barrels of K-Y.

But before we go, we got to get sloshed....and I mean SLOSHED. We'll mix up some gold schlagger, red headed sluts and shakers on the rocks. Theres nothing that says I love working for you like a drunken employee that you can smell the booze off of a mile away.

Once we arrive at the party... I'll roll out the slipe n slide right through the front doors and dump out the lube!... After a running start we'll slide right on in and jump up and yell TA DA!

I'm sure everyone will just have their jaw dropped to the floor in sheer awe at the creativity of the entrance.

Sounds like a great time, let me know if you wanna go!.

Matt....

If we can pull off the slip-n-slide...i'll pay for your flight to Chicago!!!!!! Nothing says Happy Holidays like an industrial size container of LUBE.....LOL

What is it with the ice sculptures, eh? I joined one company in London and, during the lead up to the X-Mas party, was regaled with stories about how wild it had become the year before. Ice sculptures were involved, apparently.

On the upside, I have had some great work X-Mas do's...a firm I worked for hired out the Cavalry & Guard's club in London to host a James Bond themed night. I spent much of the evening admiring their Captain Oates collection. I also worked in a close-knit office where the boss would either throw a BBQ or a lunch at our favourite restaurant - low-key affairs where we tried to keep cool in the summer heat, swilled champagne and treated it like our usual nights out/weekend gatherings. We had so many other black-tie X-mas functions to attend in connection with our work (it was a political office) that we relished the casual, laidback air of these gatherings.

It only works if everyone else is at the same level of 'buzzy' as you are yourself. That way, six months down the line, when someone recalls something you did the night of the Office Party, you can retaliate with similar recollections about them. Balance of Intoxication.

BacardiSpice:
What is it with the ice sculptures, eh? I joined one company in London and, during the lead up to the X-Mas party, was regaled with stories about how wild it had become the year before. Ice sculptures were involved, apparently.

On the upside, I have had some great work X-Mas do's...a firm I worked for hired out the Cavalry & Guard's club in London to host a James Bond themed night. I spent much of the evening admiring their Captain Oates collection. I also worked in a close-knit office where the boss would either throw a BBQ or a lunch at our favourite restaurant - low-key affairs where we tried to keep cool in the summer heat, swilled champagne and treated it like our usual nights out/weekend gatherings. We had so many other black-tie X-mas functions to attend in connection with our work (it was a political office) that we relished the casual, laidback air of these gatherings.

It only works if everyone else is at the same level of 'buzzy' as you are yourself. That way, six months down the line, when someone recalls something you did the night of the Office Party, you can retaliate with similar recollections about them. Balance of Intoxication.

What are you saying? My whole Lubed up drunken slip n slide idea is a bad one?

I'm not quite ready to complain since this is my first year out of school, but we have three parties in four nights. And all are must attend. So much for getting any work done that week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom