Work sending me to Roatan for a month.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Course Director that conducted my Instructor's Development Course is a vegetarian and lived/worked in Roatan for 10 years. So you should be safe

When we were in Roatan (West End) we bought all our vegetables and fruit off the back of a truck or from a small street vendor. Great quality compared to what we get at home. We were renting a suite so made all our own breakfasts, lunches and about half of our dinners.

seeker242, enjoy! The truth of it all, you'll be able to tell us upon your return. . . .if you ever return that is. Heehee

If the wind is blowing from the east, yes, should help with bugs. On the other hand, if you want to dive , go on over to West End and catch a couple with West End Divers. :) if you've got a couple of days off in a row and don't want to be going back and forth and would like to do a little partying in West End, check out Seabreeze Inn behind Cannibal Cafe.

So went to Lita's hole and valley of the kings Sunday with barefoot divers. It was nice. My first wall dive. :) Although, fish seemed kinda scarce compared to south Florida reefs. Not as many as I was expecting on a reef like that here. I heard there used to be big schools from one of the locals, but not as much anymore...he basically said the locals don't care about overfishing or size limits, etc...

Anyway! Going to Mary's place, and some other site this Sunday, and the Sunday after that and the Sunday after that and the Sunday after that! Hehe :)

Interesting dive last weekend with barefoot. We're on the reef and most divers dropped already. Me and this other guy are about to drop and Cap goes "hold up a minute". The engine dies and we start drifting up onto the really shallow reef. Can't get the engine started....We start hitting the rocks and cap throws the anchor line. It drags a bit and now we are bouncing around on the rocks...a lot! Anchor line held for a bit and then just snapped. We drifted up further into the shallow reef, with the bottom of the boat and prop getting dragged along the bottom...It settled in the middle of the reef and we had to get off and walk all our gear across the rocks to get out. Interesting dive!

Got on the next boat and went to Mary's place. That was cool with the swim thrus! Nice reef they have there but vis was not that great because it was windy.

Going out with Black Pearl this weekend on the north coast to see what's thats like. :)

Seeker - how's it going in paradise :)

It's pretty sweet! On the weekends! (cause I have to work during the week) I got in like 15 dives so far. Almost doubled my dive log count! ha! Went out mostly with Barefoot divers. A couple with Black Pearle Divers including Oddesy wreck. That was interesting. Went down to West End Divers yesterday. Wall diving is very cool, don't get that in South FL. Mary's place and Blue Channel have been the favorites so far. Swimthrus are awesome! :)

Mary's place video. :)

Not color corrected because I forgot filters at home :shakehead: and only have adobe on my desktop.

Cool - glad to hear your enjoying your time. Take a Sunday and find Pukies in Oakridge for some Sunday BBQ it is an experience very few get to enjoy :) but show up early for lunch or you'll miss out

Hey Seeker, give "Roatan Divers" a try on your next free weekend - they are AWESOME!! I dove with them for two weeks in a row a year and a half ago.

PS - you'll find them directly on the beach on the main drag, kind of tucked behind some residential houses. You have to walk down a pathway towards the beach beside the West End Divers cafe (I think that was the one that was near the path, perhaps just ask around as to how to get directly to the beach/shop).

Back
Top Bottom