World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The concentration of oxygen in sea water (20 deg C) is essentially 9 ppm (9 parts out of a million). It appears the concentration of idiots in the general population is at least that high. Sadly, that is why we still get spam emails from Nigerian Princes trying to reclaim their enormous wealth. Send out a million emails and if 9 people respond they've won.

"Just when I think I've made it Idiot-Proof, God creates a better idiot."

The money is still rolling in. Over the past 24 hours they have received an additional $5686 in "donations"

The concentration of oxygen in sea water (20 deg C) is essentially 9 ppm (9 parts out of a million). It appears the concentration of idiots in the general population is at least that high.

As my late uncle was fond of saying, "there's one born every minute".

I'm sure the investors will have a solid court case against the Triton people and will be granted a judgement. Then all they have to do is travel to Iran and find two guys named Saeed and John to get their money back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I crack me up...

The money is still rolling in. Over the past 24 hours they have received an additional $5686 in "donations"

Like I've said before, it's like a horrible train wreck, and you find you just can't look away from the carnage you know is happening right in front of you.

Just can't feel sorry for the people who disregarded every possible warning that could be given, even directly on the IGG web page's comments section, yet still gave these people money for an impossible nonexistent product.

I looked at a little history of Indiegogo scams and unfortunately all of these people are out the money, have little legal recourse and Indiegogo will continue on without repercussion.

Sad, but true. What's done is done. An expensive lesson for those who gave them their money.

Just can't feel sorry for the people who disregarded every possible warning that could be given, even directly on the IGG web page's comments section, yet still gave these people money for an impossible nonexistent product.
Put the reboot money in comparison with the success of their first try.
There is one thing I can tell you : this 2 to 1 diminution is only due to the price of the LOX canisters, not to the whole world saying this is scam.
Reboot this next week, and you'll get 500000 $ again. There is a never ending line of idiots in this world. And they are all able to vote.

I was checking up on the progress of this revolutionary breakthrough and found this link in Google search results...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton--5

Not sure what it means, their main indiegogo page is still up collecting money. It seems strange that a project under review by the 'Trust and Safety Team' is still actively collecting money from idiots...uh... I mean investors.

So, we have an update on this sorry saga. About a week after the formal end date of the campaign, it appears Indiegogo did the right thing; closed down the campaign page and refunded all the backers. Late friday afternoon San Francisco time, the dollar total and backer count abruptly started dropping - over several minutes, ending up at zero. Then the page went offline for a short spell, and is now replaced by a holding page.

This doesn't completely rule out another attempt by the scammers to squeeze money from their single lucky viral break, perhaps on a crowd funding site even more lax than IGG (if there is one), but, for now, the Triton scam is dead in the water. :)

I was checking up on the progress of this revolutionary breakthrough and found this link in Google search results...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/triton--5
That was one of the direct copycat campaign pages that quickly appeared in the wake of the success of the first version of the scam. The copycat scammers didn't even bother to change anything, just scraped all the text and images, threw it in to a new campaign page and started collecting money. They were collecting money too - but it appears creating a straight copy of another campaign is something that can get IGG to act quickly...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom