Worst Divers Ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three issues:

(1) Physical violence is unnecessary and only harmful to the Three Amigos' case. They should have reported the old man to the park rangers/local law enforcement instead.
(2) I fully understand that the Three Amigos were exasperated by the old fool (and yes, that is exactly what he was. An old fool with a death wish! Putting not only his own, but three other lives at risk! I make no apologies for not mincing my words, let's use plain speech and tell it as it is!)
(3) I had no idea experienced divers, whether DIR or not, felt the need to speak in the sort of veiled language usually used by new-age cult leaders. I don't think Uncle Pug has been either well-meaning or in any way "taught" anybody anything. Basically he has just confused the issue. Any threads to be deleted are from him, in this case. Just time-wasting.

In short, the original story was an interesting one, and one which we can all learn from. Well done for calling the dive. Well done for explaining the fundamental principle of proper cave training for cave diving. But minus points for using physical means of removing the old man.

As for wafffling on about green/blue shirts etc etc it really is a tedious waste of time. There are no two ways about it: Either you are cave trained, in which you cave dive. Or you are not. In which case you don't!

Originally posted by EveryDiver
...I had no idea experienced divers, whether DIR or not, felt the need to speak in the sort of veiled language usually used by new-age cult leaders....

You mean words like "stroke?" :rolleyes:

....and thanks to the moderators for moving this thread out of the limelight....

Now if we quit posting to it.... it will fade into the archives of inattention and forgetfulness.... though remain as a silent reminder for those of us who were involved....

Of better ways we all know but often fail to follow....

My public apologies to Warren for the obvious duress this thread caused him and my glaring part in that....

And Chris...

Bad Chris, bad! bad! bad! No more *S* word...

Shoot.... there I go again....

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
...Bad Chris, bad! bad! bad! No more *S* word...

ow!ow! :whack: Ok, Pug, stop whapping me on the head with that rolled up newspaper ;-0

I just thought that the phrase "veiled language usually used by new-age cult leaders" was just too ironic to pass up comment on. To many, a particular DIR "spokesperson" (who is a little weak in the PR department) comes across a bit like a cult leader, and I believe it was he who coined the, uh, S-word. :D

Back
Top Bottom