Would Any Austin divers like to head out to CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBARACER

Reaction score
I have room comfortably for 3 passengers in my truck.

I figure ZenSquirrel (Keith) will go, and maybe Deepwater (Mark) if we can organize some kind of car pool?

I can lug tons of gear up there in the back of my truck..

So who would be up for a weekend at CSSP?
I figure drive up there CAMP out.

Leave Friday evening, and come back Sunday mid day, or Sunday morning, or even just leave friday evening, and come back Saturday night.

Anyone up for this?

I wish you were planning this for the following weekd, 9/20. Beast and I were talking tonight about coming back up there then.

You can tell us how great the viz willbe for us! :D

I have not set a specific weekend...

So maybe we can all go !

Vis last weekend was down considerably from what we often see at CSSP. Rains, students, a treasure hunt, rain, late summer algae bloom and other factors contributed.

Like many lakes, get into the really cold thermocline, vis gets a bit better, but it's darker due to all the dissolved matter above you.

Hopefully it will improve by the 20th for your visit.

Dee -- Is the 20th a "for sure" thing for you and Beast?

TexasMike once bubbled...
Dee -- Is the 20th a "for sure" thing for you and Beast?

Yes...as sure as I can be. Beast isn't expecting any big jobs that will cause him to work the weekend but of course that's never a sure thing until Friday at quitting time! He wants to take Friday off so we would come up Friday, spend Sat. at the lake and come home on Sun. We would do more diving but the cost of the place is prohibitive for us! Even the gear bench didn't get us a even a discount! :tease:

The chance to pick Dee's brain in person about photography and I'm gonna be in Austin that weekend at the clean-up....

SCUBARACER once bubbled...
Anyone up for this?

I'm in San Antonio, and would be interested in doing something like this sometime... I know for sure that I'll be busy this weekend, but let me know if you do anything some other weekend where you're looking for people....

M@

I'm in for this weekend if we get back on Saturday night. I have a trip planned for Schlitterbahn on Sunday. I've been in Austin for 2 summers now and have not made it into the park yet. This Sunday is their last day of the season!

I could do next weekend as well but once again I'd need to be back on Saturday. I've signed up for the Lake Travis cleanup and I "made" my dive instructor sign up with me. :)

Some basic questions: Where is CSSP in relation to Austin? What's the water temp?

I know what the viz will be, -1 ft after I've been splashing around with my Blades 2! :wink:

Hi - I'm from Austin, and I already had my first trip planned to CSSP for this weekend. I thought it was great and the visibility was better than Windy Point. Quite a few fish, no boats or waves to contend with, and the water tastes better :)

I wore a full wetsuit. It only got really cold past 30 feet. Some people only wore shorties.

Not as much to see underwater, but definitely worth the trip. Have fun! I'll be doing the Lake Travis cleanup this upcoming weekend.

Back
Top Bottom