Would like advice regarding Wing Selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:)

Agreed - everyone I spoke with at Fifth, EE and Halcyon were very friendly and gave good advice.

Hey Uncle Pug!
Yea, I have been diving, until now, getting a tad chilly in NY for 6.5 and 7mm suits now - maybe I'll get 1 more in yet!

I have been living under my pineapple in school full time this fall!

PS Just picked up a brand new AKONA cold water wetsuit from LP - beautiful suit for the money and looking into a Suunto Vyper next...gearing up for Spring 2003. Also looking at a PADI Nitrox course soon as well.

Pug, how will I really benefit from Nitrox certs? Their ads all boast increased bottom times, but honestly, diving a single Al80, how much more time can I realistically GAIN anyway? Other benefits I'm not familiar with? Is it really worth the $150 investment?

I am seeking to dive deeper next season.. this year was very much a 'novice year' for me. Made some errors, learned a lot from them...gearing up for 2003 - some big changes in store for 2003 in pursuit of my goal of diving as many of the St. Lawrence wrecks as I can....

Scuba446 once bubbled...
how will I really benefit from Nitrox certs?
To answer that here would be totally off topic...

So...

Nitrox will allow you longer bottom times, shorter surface intervals and if you stick with the bottom times for air and stay above the MOD (maximum operating depth) you can have increased safety.

Now how will it benefit you? Especially diving AL80s? I would say that your greatest benefit will be in shorter required surface intervals... however this might not be an advantage if you have to wait with a boatload of other divers who are doing a longer SI.

Perhaps longer bottom times on your second and third dives.

But then there is the issue of getting nitrox fills.

BTW... neither nitrox nor AL80s are conducive to deep/wreck diving.... unless of course the nitrox in the 80 is your deco gas.

Say.... why don't you start a thread asking this question.... then it won't be off topic :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom