Would you dive Vortex now????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, in fact I'll be there Sunday with some students.

Yes I will next weekend. Nooooo reservations!

wouldn't bother me by the time October rolls around. I always get an ear infection when I dive vortex anyway, what's a little decomp going to do?

I imagine that if the eels can get to him then he's got. Problem solved in a short period.

It's also possible that the clay/sediment will entomb him, and he'll be a fossil in a few thousand years, discovered by folks that dive vortex with artificial gills instead of barbaric compressed-air tanks.

Since Vortex is in the Deep Dixie area I guess I will post this here. I was given a free pass to dive Vortex since when I was gearing up they discovered that a diver was missing. Instead of refunding my money they just gave me a pass. I have thought about it more and now I wish I would have gotten my money refunded. I must admit that the thought of diving in a spring that I now has a dead body in it just seems nasty. I am not sure of the health risks (if any) but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. eitherway until they were able to remove the body I just don't think I could dive Vortex. I only dove Vortex because it was a convienent place to take my stuff and practice in my gear.

So I just wanted to ask some of the Deep Dixie Divers if you would dive Vortex now???????

I'm not a "Deep Dixie Diver", but come on Man. What can come of a post such as this?

If you insist, I'll amplify my reply, but I suspect I don' need to do so. :D

I was given a free pass to dive Vortex since when I was gearing up they discovered that a diver was missing. Instead of refunding my money they just gave me a pass. I have thought about it more and now I wish I would have gotten my money refunded.
So I just wanted to ask some of the Deep Dixie Divers if you would dive Vortex now???????

PM me, I'll pay you for the pass. I love to dive Vortex, but it's been 2 years since I was last there... :coffee:
my problem is it's 6 hours away and I have a tough time passing up Ginnie and Peacock to get to Vortex. :eyebrow:
Besides, if I'm going to drive 6 hours to dive, I'm heading south to the keys. :wink:
Having a pass will help motivate me to get back to a dive site where I have great memories of diving!:D

I have a great collection of pottery shards from burial pots of long ago. Found them in Vortex. I have a good relationship with the spirits of the spring. What's one more?

As far as pollution - I've always been amazed that they would drain a pool because a child had an accident. What's four ounces of doo in fifty thousand gallons of water? What's one person in fifty thousand gallons a day?

I'm also amazed at some of the conversation in the main thread. Of course we need training, of course we need restraint, and most of all we need to accept the consequences of our own actions. Nothng more - nothing less. The most important issue in search and recovery is knowing when the risk outweighs the gain. I'm just glad they called it before a recovery diver got hurt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom