Would you dive Vortex now????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a "Deep Dixie Diver", but come on Man. What can come of a post such as this?

If you insist, I'll amplify my reply, but I suspect I don' need to do so. :D

This was not intended as a smear thread directed at Vortex. I was just thinking about diving with a body in the water and it creaped me out to the point that I am not sure if I ever want to dive Vortex again. I just wanted to read other people's views on the subject to maybe change my mind on the subject.

Yes I would.

Yeah, it ain't no big deal.

What I'm worried about is if they'll allow access past the gate once this blows over. Vortex is about 45 min closer to my house than the Mill Pond, and if I'm planning a trip to the springs with OW divers, it's nice to be able to arrive there early and cram in a cave dive before my OW friends arrive. I'd hate to have that option closed off...

FWIW, it's not like this is the first diver to die in that cave. It's just newest one.

while that's true... all the previous deaths, the body was recovered.

Might not be the case here. (but that's still to be determined.

Regardless, I think Vortex puts out something like 25 million gallons a day. plus or minus a small bit. (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Even with a body in it, I'd say any contamination is pretty diluted.

Took 8 years for a body to be recovered in Telford awhile back, diving continued all those years.

A wise man once told me that the only solution to pollution is dilution......

Not diving Vortex is a bit like not eating from a garden. Death is sad but life goes on.

On the drive to Vortex, you may drive right over lots of places on the road where people have been killed, you probably drive right past lots of cemeteries, and don't even think about it.

If I were back in the area & wanted to dive it, I'd dive it. The presence of the body wouldn't be an issue.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom