Would You Go To Bay Islands, Honduras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought you said in a previous post you had me on "ignore" ?

Okay, you started another thread and got your hat handed to you in "the Pub". Fine.

I really liked what you said a few posts earlier about TACA and the upgrade- you won't be disappointed.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi..._Go_To_Utila_Honduras_Right_Now-Honduras.html You can run but you can not hide.

Let's all move ahead, now. You're going to Utila, and you're going Clase Ejeutiva.

Have fun, write a trip report when you return.

dude ... please take the name and city out

that's way out of line

Not sure if she carries wetsuits, but tekDiverGirl has/had an online store that specialized in pink gear. Everything from masks to backplates.

She'll find it for you.

TDG and I go way back. I was likely the last person to speak with her late husband Mickey, (the artist formerly known as Air Hog), on the night he passed. My ride's here, old pal.

Her influence cause me to finish the body work on our Acura NSX and have it pained in Barbie Pink, much to the chagrin of "Herself", my wife and dive buddy.

TDG is one strong and determined human being. Buy some pink stuff.

dude ... please take the name and city out

Okay- i just put in the web citation where it was offered up by the poster themselves.

Like I said, now we can move along, now that all parties are no longer posting with anonymity. Lana Lange, Lois Lane, whatever.

LOL well regardless of gender or nationality Im always open to meet new peeps and swap a few stories over beers ....as long as u dont start out by singing that damn song to me!

Okay- i just put in the web citation where it was offered up by the poster themselves.

Like I said, now we can move along, now that all parties are no longer posting with anonymity. Lana Lange, Lois Lane, whatever.

You really need to get back underwater as soon as possible.

This thread has been extemely helpful. I had a former student email me, Louie and his wife Lauri are thinking of visiting The Bay Islands but they too were concerned but I was having difficulty "reading" them as to just what the issue was. At first they seemed quite concerned about the political problems in Honduras yet no matter how much time I or others had there it just seemed to bother them, Well after a few emails back and for and them not really satisfied with the replies this lovely couple told me they were more concerned with problems because he is a gay man married to a wonderful lesbian woman and they were afraid that might be a problem and they may be given special color tanks on the boat so everyone knew their sexual orientation because they heard from someone the dive community is terrible this way. I told them they were probably being a little extreme and IMHO I would not be concerned with it but they felt it best to let everyone know up front about this. I was confued as to why they never asked at the store i teach at if it were a problem but considering I have never had a student bring up such matters in my years of teaching so I felt I would just wonder about it. And then, low and behold they are really concerned because they read that many suggest flying direct to Roatan yet they were thinking of Utila which has to go through the mainland and they were afraid TACA would cancel at any time because they did it before and did not let them know even though it was weeks before their trip was planned they thought they should be told. I started to tell them how TACA regional flights were cancelled for a short time due to TAX issues and were now flying regularly when i remembered this thread and just pointed them here for ALL Their answers.
THANKS

This thread has been extemely helpful. I had a former student email me, Louie and his wife Lauri are thinking of visiting The Bay Islands but they too were concerned but I was having difficulty "reading" them as to just what the issue was. At first they seemed quite concerned about the political problems in Honduras yet no matter how much time I or others had there it just seemed to bother them, Well after a few emails back and for and them not really satisfied with the replies this lovely couple told me they were more concerned with problems because he is a gay man married to a wonderful lesbian woman and they were afraid that might be a problem and they may be given special color tanks on the boat so everyone knew their sexual orientation because they heard from someone the dive community is terrible this way. I told them they were probably being a little extreme and IMHO I would not be concerned with it but they felt it best to let everyone know up front about this. I was confued as to why they never asked at the store i teach at if it were a problem but considering I have never had a student bring up such matters in my years of teaching so I felt I would just wonder about it. And then, low and behold they are really concerned because they read that many suggest flying direct to Roatan yet they were thinking of Utila which has to go through the mainland and they were afraid TACA would cancel at any time because they did it before and did not let them know even though it was weeks before their trip was planned they thought they should be told. I started to tell them how TACA regional flights were cancelled for a short time due to TAX issues and were now flying regularly when i remembered this thread and just pointed them here for ALL Their answers.
THANKS

Ok, that's rich there. Rich I say.:eyebrow:

IMO, pass on the bay islands for a while, until things settle down. Things may be calmer on Rotan for now than the mainland, but that can change in a minute. If anything, Rotan has more potential issues than the mainland with all the illegal foreign workers there. Constitutional details are nice, but hardly relevant in a place like Honduras. I have to laugh seeing Marco claiming to have a valid political analysis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom