Would you stay away from a dive shop that had an accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but you're sure sharing closed minded ideas regarding dive sites
No, every dive sites had it's value.
I guess the real question is how much are you relying on the dive shop for your safety while on a dive?
Yes, as independent diver, safety depends mainly on myself. In general, the dive shop can affect the diving experience, not whether I can come back alive. But if the dive shop has a better safety record, their guide is more "active", I will definitely choose it first.
This thread talks a lot about responsibility.

Diving is not an extreme sport or high risk.
Diving is inherently risky due to the fact that humans cannot breath water.

I stated that I was an instructor in extreme sports and high risk to provide context that I have been in similar situations and have an understanding on the time it takes for an investigation and report to be released.

Thanks for your helpful input. I’ll continue to wait for your priceless contributions.
While the approach may have been less than tactful, the point that was being made is that with scuba incidents there is rarely a published report. The A&I forum here specifically allows for speculation because of that, so we can all learn from the kicking around of "what if"s and thought exercises on how to deal with the thinks we think happened

Respectfully,

James

Thanks for your helpful input. I’ll continue to wait for your priceless contributions.
What I told you, you wont believe... diving is not a high risk sport and most likely there wont be report that's helpful in any way. They'll either find that the victim drowned or had a medical event and drowned. And that's only if a report will be published.

What I told you, you wont believe... diving is not a high risk sport and most likey there wont be report that's helpful in any way. They'll either find that the victim drowned or had a medical event and drowned. And that's only if a repoprt will be published.
Thanks for expanding on your one liner.

I actually didn’t state that diving was high risk, only that is in inherently risky. I actually used similar terminology that PADI used on their site.

1695554482097.png

Again if you read my full comment I was providing speculation and assumptions which assumes there may be a report. Also that it is only my 2c (opinion) and not gospel.

Now instead of fixating and de-railing the OPs post how about we go back to providing our speculations. 😊

Back
Top Bottom