Wow - An Ontario Section!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canuckdiver - thanks for understanding

Groundhog246 - 24' Doral Cavalier. Usually when we come out of the Trent, we go inside Beausoleil Island through Honey Harbour then up the small craft channel on the East side. This coming summer, Hope/Christian/Beck with Islands are definitely inthe plans - your not the first to recommend this area - diving or not. We usually do 3 week trips so we may head for Tobermory this year. Just curious - the book you mention - does it have GPS co-ordinates?

I just got that book for x-mas (actually I have several of Chris's books).. They are all excelend.. and yes, the book contains GPS and/or LORAN coordinates for most of the wrecks..It makes for some interesting reading..
Since you keep your boat on the Trent water system, why not go down to Kingston.. There is lots of stuff to see. Brokville is lilke the Canadian Carribean (sp?). I was up there last summer and the viz was 100ft and the water was 75 degrees top to bottom..
I am going for my first trip down south in a few weeks (a Blackbeard's cruise with my LDS).. Just had to see for myself what warm water diving was all about..

P.S. If you really want to see some awesome saltwarter sea life you have to try B.C. I did it in the fall and it was amazing.. All the fish seem to be on steroids.. They have wrecks, and colourfull sea life too.. Simply amazing..

We may try going to the St. Lawrence some time. We have done the whole Trent Severn system - top to bottom. It takes us about 5 hours (very conservitavely) and only 3 locks and the marine railway to reach Georgian Bay. It's about 2 - 3 days and 41 locks to reach Trenton! Plus - we really love the solitude of "gunk holing" in Georgian. To us - it is some of the most spectacular scenary in the world.

I think we will definitely head that way for some diving this summer - but I think we'll be driving!!

The wife and I were there for our honeymoon a few years ago, and was our first saltwater experience.......

While I'm sure it was lovely, I'm not sure that's appropriate behaviour to be discussing on the board... :nono:

OH! You mean DIVING experience!!!!!:winkbl:

Canuck Divers once bubbled...
So tell me, whats out there - in Simcoe or Georgian Bay. No experience with either - we cert'd in Turks.

For Simcoe dives: http://www.scubaboard.com/t21257/s.html

For Georgian Bay: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19156&highlight=Georgian+Bay

You will be delighted with your options in Georgian Bay, the viz is spectacular, just remember that water temp can be very cold, even in summer below the thermocline (high 30s, low 40s o F) something you don't face on the St. Lawrence.

Consider spending sometime on this board before buying your gear: it might change your mind substancially, who knows, you might even get assimulated! Welcome and dive safe.

I have a cottage up just south of Parry Island, if you are in the area; I can give you a nice place to drop anchor.

Diving in the Parry Sound area is kinda neat as there is not a lot of people doing it at any time but the wrecks (so far!) aren't as spectacular as those from Picton to the St. Lawrence.

But I have to agree with you about the scenery!

Actually Parry Island is a place we always head to. We have some good friends with a cottage there so its our chance to sleep in a bed and get a hot shower!

Ohand as far as buying eqipment goes - too late - just bought the whole shabang this week. Headin to the keys next month to break it in!

I'm up on the south Channel near Amanda Island. Between Devil's elbow and Bear's Head.

Let me know when you will be up there and I'll invite you over for a steak and a beer!

Scuba Duffer once bubbled...
Headin to the keys next month to break it in!

Please let us know how a Canuck diver fares in the Keys...I'm considering it for '04.

"Scuba Duffer" - let me guess, you share my passion for golf and diving???!!! Try not "slicing" anything underwater - that could be bad! And "hooking" might result in an entanglement problem but feel free to "putter" around all you like.

What can I say, it's a slow day at the office...

tinman once bubbled...

Please let us know how a Canuck diver fares in the Keys...I'm considering it for '04.
I've been going for years, I love it. I rent a house in Big Pine Key {about 30 miles from Key West} It's cheaper than a motel or resort. If you know anything about boats you can rent one, cheaper than a charter! Damm what am I saying I run a Charter!!!
And I'm planning to retire there.

Back
Top Bottom