Wow! Hyperstrech!! Thats cool!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After vertically exceeding the limits of my former wetsuit, I had to buy a new one. Off the the dive shop it is....

I talked with the owner for a while and he made a suggestion to get Hyperstrech since I'm tall and skinny. Unbelievable!! It's like putting on a pair of jeans, but it fits like a wetsuit should! And it comes off without wrenching my back out or falling over and getting knocked out!

Cool.

teknitroxdiver:
After vertically exceeding the limits of my former wetsuit, I had to buy a new one. Off the the dive shop it is....

I talked with the owner for a while and he made a suggestion to get Hyperstrech since I'm tall and skinny. Unbelievable!! It's like putting on a pair of jeans, but it fits like a wetsuit should! And it comes off without wrenching my back out or falling over and getting knocked out!

Cool.

I just bought Hyperstretch gloves and love them. My only complaint is that they take forever to dry, 1 week and still damp in the house.

I bought my first hyperstretch 7mm wetsuit and find that although it is somewhat easier to get into (my particular brand has lousy lower leg design), it is not as warm as my other 7mm wetsuits under the same conditions. In fact, I am warmer in my custom 7mm shortie than in the hyperstretch.

Doc

crpntr133:
I just bought Hyperstretch gloves and love them. My only complaint is that they take forever to dry, 1 week and still damp in the house.

Mine never takes more than 48 housrs to dry if I leave it hanging in the shower but dries quite quickly outside.

Bill is right. The do not have the warming properties that other suits offer. There is a trade off for the comfort. I always wear my microprene under my 7mm and my last dive with it was in temp of 57 and I was fine.

5615mike:
Mine never takes more than 48 housrs to dry if I leave it hanging in the shower but dries quite quickly outside.

Bill is right. The do not have the warming properties that other suits offer. There is a trade off for the comfort. I always wear my microprene under my 7mm and my last dive with it was in temp of 57 and I was fine.

I guess I need to update my post. It seems that for some reason my hyper gloves "feel" wet after sometime drying. I don't know if this is from them being new or what. All I know is that there is no way that they are still wet after a week.

teknitroxdiver:

Cool.
i,ve got the Hendersson hyperstretch 3mm and it has done in excess of five hundred dives now and is still in excellent shape,except the blue colour is faded ,they are very reliable,but when this suit is done I,am gonna switch to the new everflex suit from scubapro,i found that the scubapro suits have better seamwork and the neoprene is kind of softer to the skin.I also try to stay away from the colours which look ugly when faded,black is beautyful.peace

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom