WOW! I didn't know this, did you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally,

I don't care if it's male or female who I dive with as long as their skills are up to par. Every time I have seen the SSN make a move it has been honorable and exact. I may not have always understood or agreed but each and everytime you have proven yourself to me.

Gender is not an issue, yes Mario, I will dive with you too, hehe, but you're gonna have to shave your legs!

Don

I say let them pull their support for the WSA, what does that say for them, a "male elitist" magazine. One of these days in the not so distant future they will come crawling back.

In the near future (mark my words) we, THE DIVERS, lead by Scuba Source will be the DRIVING FORCE in the scuba industry.

We will be referenced by the Certification Agencies, the Major Dive Mags and the Equipment Manufactures. People will look here for consumer reports on diving equipment, certification agencies, instructors, travel spots. Because this is an honest, professional board, with a professional attitude, run by professional people that genuinaly care about the people and not the almighty $.

Just my .02
BTW, the bank is up to $189.45.
Is the Scuba Source Savings and Loan next?

Don

Just to give you some ammo against Mario.....

he's been found out! He carries all the essentials for a woman diver with PMS in his pack! He has everything but lip liner (well...maybe he does?)

Sorry, Mario, I blew your cover... but being a woman diver, I'll dive with you anytime! And bring on the candy bars and potato chips!

And I'll throw my .02 cents in... I've been to a great many boards and this is by far the most informative and friendly.

And SSN is the best!

:) Cayman Case

These boards are priceless!

KN was right, the more we pull together and work as a team the more many of the others will be confused... They wouldn't know teamwork if it swam up and bit them.

Mario

I agree with Mario. Forbes preferred Scubasource from the list of respectable sites, very impressive.

At least Forbes gave some criteria for their reviews. I've seen a lot of sites that don't do that little bit. They have stars as symbols for their ratings, and give some insight as to what criteria they use.

Keep up the good work!

Question, what is with the multiple domains vs Directories thing they mentioned?

vr,

I hope KN doesn't mind me stepping up to the plate here but a few things I noticed that I wanted to mention...

First of all I can't fathom someone thinking there is something fishy about Forbes magazine. Secondly, the reason I know this next one is I have follwed Scuba Source for a long time and still have old bookmarks like this:

Your example of newdiver.com with scubadiving.com vs scubasource.com with 160+ other domains they have is way off... and not even a close comparrison... For those that have follwed the SSN you may remember the older URL's for sections... For example try this:
http://www.scubasource.com/scubaboard.com/ and the regular http://www.scubaboard.com... (except they changed the scubasource.com part to extremefactor.com) and all of the domains can be shown like that. Only a few months ago that's how most of the sites were gotten to. The idea is to have each "section" have its own name so people can easily remember their favorite section and make navigation easier to remember. (hehe, I asked about that one)

They aren't ALL "different sites". They are just different sections of the same site. There are some exceptions but that is the general rule at play here. Instead of a "travel section" or a "Equipment section" or a "Msg Board", they each have their own domain ... Pretty darn smart if you ask me! I've noticed many of the big sites are just now starting to do this and ScubaSource has been doing it for years.

I wont mention the exact numbers because I don't think KN wants them mentioned but I know this next tidbit of info because I have a good friend that works for their backbone provider, but let's say that if you want to count traffic Scuba Source simply SMOKES those other scuba site (that like to jump up and down and pound on their chest) by a mile. Some of the other sites out there like to jump up and down and brag and boast about their stats when I know for a fact that they aren't even close to the SSN's.

Bottom line: Things aren't always as they seem. (and if you look you will see how Forbes rates those, that Netscape site only counts traffic sent there FROM netscape!)

Fellow Dive Buddies,

I routinely log onto Forbes.com as a tool to do research about different companies regarding different issues. While surfing the site, I stumbled upon something I didn't know about ScubaSource...

It has the #1 user ratings in Forbes "Best of the web" section for 4 years running!!

I guess I am one of the ignorant ones...but....What is ScubaSource? This?

The SCUBA Source

We need to create a Lazarus Award ... presented annually for the resurrected thread that was dead the longest.

My guess would be that ScubaSource was an online forum that's probably been dead for a decade. I've seen many of them come and go over the past dozen or so years.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Mario and Igana Don sure got my attention.... not many of us who reconize those names...the good old days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom