WPB long weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crgoode

Reaction score
Just got back from 3 days diving with Jim Abernathy's Scuba-Adventures and it was great! Water temps were in the low to mid 80s at the surface, slighty cooler at 40+ fsw. Vis was very good, probably around 80 ft. Did 3 dives Sunday and 2 each Monday and Tuesday. We saw about a half dozen reef sharks around 4-5 ft. long on our first dive and huge turtles on almost all dives. The DM, Sandy, saw a 10-ft. hammerhead on one dive, but it turned and ran as soon as it spotted her.
I have been to Pompano Beach before, but this was my first trip to WPB. The diving is much better, much better reefs and more sea life. Also, Abernathy's is a great operation. Everybody was very personable and really seemed concerned that everyone have a good time. Jim was skipper of the Tranquility on Sunday, and although he's been at this a long time, he still gets excited. We had a couple of German documentary makers on board doing work on loggerheads and Jim was showing them all the good places and chasing surfacing turtles all over the place.
Seadog turned me on to the Super 8 motel on hwy. 1 and it was good. Cheap, clean, roomy, with a small fridge and microwave in each room. In addition, my wife talked them into a late checkout of 2:30 Tuesday so we could leave our stuff in the room while we dived and still get a shower before we left.
The village of North Palm Beach is a nice place too. No partying, but all the amentities. Plenty of reataurants from cheap to fancy.
This was our first time at WPB, but it definitely won't be our last.

Glad things worked out for you. Wish we could have done some diving together but - LIFE keeps getting in the way of having FUN.
Maybe next time.

Don

crgoode,

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time down here. I made the trip down here several times myself when I lived in Greenville. It's a long drive but well worth it.

Next time you folks come down this way let me know. Maybe my better half and I can get together with you guys and we can show you around the dive sites here in Ft. Lauderdale. I hope to have my boat in the water by mini-season.

Scott

Padipro once bubbled...
I hope to have my boat in the water by mini-season.

Scott

Oooo - that's perked some attention. :D

Marc

:wacko:

Marc,

I'll let you know when it's ready to go. Can you dive during the week? I work nights and weekends and only have Tues, Wed, and Thur off.

Scott

Padipro once bubbled...
:wacko:

Marc,

I'll let you know when it's ready to go. Can you dive during the week? I work nights and weekends and only have Tues, Wed, and Thur off.

Scott

Not usually, but I need to burn off vacation time in July and I will take off a day for mini season.

What's the date this year?

Marc

Marc,

Mini-season is the 30th and the 31st of July. I can't promise anything but I'm hoping the boat will be ready.

Scott

Regardless if you have your boat in the water, will you be going out for mini season?

Marc

Most deffinately. I haven't made any plans as of yet but I do have those days off so I'm planning on going. Any ideas just incase the boat isn't ready?

Scott

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom