WPB Rpt Nov 28 - GPS breadcrumbs trail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dove WPB today. But no Manta ray, no whale shark, and no great white, all of which are supposed to be here this week in WPB/JUP.

I laid down some bread crumb tracks on my GPS which I tied to my dive flag to follow an unusual reef and I think I got it dialed in, Some of the best dives are never a straight line or even a zig zag.

Conditions were 1/4 knot of north current and temps still 79° on the bottom. The top 20 feet was milky and hazy but fully opened up below that with viz all the way to the bottom. Piles of broken legs & antennas on the bottom from yesterday's divers and I easily picked up all the lobsters they missed. The boat limited out . Many thanks to Steve & BJ for inviting me.

20221128_124020.jpg

Dove WPB today. But no Manta ray, no whale shark, and no great white, all of which are supposed to be here this week in WPB/JUP.

I laid down some bread crumb tracks on my GPS which I tied to my dive flag to follow an unusual reef and I think I got it dialed in, Some of the best dives are never a straight line or even a zig zag.

Conditions were 1/4 knot of north current and temps still 79° on the bottom. The top 20 feet was milky and hazy but fully opened up below that with viz all the way to the bottom. Piles of broken legs & antennas on the bottom from yesterday's divers and I easily picked up all the lobsters they missed. The boat limited out . Many thanks to Steve & BJ for inviting me.
Thanks for the report. Judging from the background in the picture, I'm going to guess that you were diving near the vertical concrete pole forest.

If you want to improve your chances of seeing the big sharks, go a little further north to Juno Ledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom