WPB Sept 17-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makinbubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be in town for a long weekend. Planning on drift diving Friday afternoon, although I'm not too sure what boat yet. The last time I went (end of July), Friday afternoons were only covered by A1A Palm Beach Dive Charters.

I'll also have time on Saturday afternoon but havent figured out if I'll do a boat again or try to round up some souls to try the Blue Heron bridge... haven't checked the tide table yet on that one. Hmmm Saturday is my birthday, does that mean I have to dive in my birthday skin? :wink:

Sunday I'm not to sure when my free time will be.

By the way, whats the status on the boats and/or their harbors after the hurricane? I would assume they made for the keys or some other safe place since there was a lot of warning on that slow moving beast.

Bob

makinbubbles:
I'll be in town for a long weekend. .........
Bob

Now that Ivan ls safely out of the picture whats the status on SE Florida diving? Anyone gonna be around this weekend?

I'm still trying to find a boat that does Friday afternoons.

Bob (I even showered.. wonder why nobody has responded. :wink: )

Bob--
I think we're all just in recovery at this point. There should be a sticky that lists some of the area charters for diving, though you may want to think about heading just a little south to dive--Boynton/Deerfield area for boat diving, or Ft. Lauderdale for beach diving.
The beaches for the most part (Blue Heron Bridge especially) are currently pretty much all closed up here due to the....ahem...runoff from flooding from the sewers....not a pleasant idea. I don't know what the water itself is looking like, visibility-wise.
However, Boynton is really just @15/20 mins. south of WPB, and may be a bit more pleasant. Scubakevdm on the board works on one of the boats out of there; maybe he can add some info--(Kevin--are any of the ops out of your marina up and running at this point, and do any do Fridays like he's asked??)

If you want to do some beach diving in Ft. Lauderdale, you may throw up another thread--I'm sure people will respond quickly enough.
Let us know what you find out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom