WPB vs Ft Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voyager77

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

Coming down to what I hope is a toasty FL in mid January for work from the frigid white north. I'm staying in WPB for work but was wondering if it was worth it to go down and dive out of Ft Lauderdale for a couple days prior? Is the diving that much better that its worth the hassle to switch hotels/pack up? I like wrecks and have dove WPB before. Thanks in advance for any thoughts/recomendations.

Between WPB and Fort Lauderdale, there is a wreck off of the coast of Boca called the Castor. It is one of my favorite wrecks with a lot of Large Grouper. It is in about 85'-100' of water. I think there are a few charters out of Boynton that can take you out there. I have mostly done shore dives off of FTL and WPB, and can not say one is better then the other, but Ihave had some amazing dives at both. Google Blue Heron Bridge and Castor Wreck.

I live in Delray Beach and have had a chance to dive both west palm and ft. lauderdale. I agree with Cetro22 if you can find a charter that takes you out to some of the wrecks thats by far the best diving in the area. There are some nice reefs though, but not worth going down to Ft. Lauderdale when you can dive wpb.

I've been diving Broward County for about 30 years now and you just can't beat it for diversity of underwater habitats. I do enjoy Palm Beach County diving (especially Boynton Beach), but there is a greater diversity down this way. I'm still not bored with diving in this area!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom