Wrinkles August '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Who's got some ideas about where a group of divers can hang out for dinner and drinks after a great day of diving in this area?

Christian
http://www.redondobrewery.com/
This is the site where the DiveVets group, among others have their after dive briefing. There are also restaurants on the pier.

I can bring a veggie tray...just let me know for how many people.

Christian - you looking for an after dive place to hang out in Redondo or La Jolla?

cakayakdiver:
I can bring a veggie tray...just let me know for how many people.

Christian - you looking for an after dive place to hang out in Redondo or La Jolla?
Looking for a place to hang out in Redondo. We usually just wind up at Rock Bottom Brewery in La Jolla.

We won't know how many people until we get closer to that date, but I'll keep updating the totals in the first post in this thread as we have new info.

Christian

Sorry...I don't know Redondo.

Rock Bottom is great. Check out The Spot...that's also s good place to go after a dive. Parking sucks, but then again La Jolla is Spanish for No Parking.

I will be attending as a non-diver. I'm having my gallbladder removed on Aug. 3rd - surgeon says wait 10 days but DAN gives it more like 3-6 weeks. Ughh...

Anyhow, I'll bring a tasty side dish and a delicious dessert. :)

I might try to make it to this one as well - it'd be great to finally meet some of you folks in person. :) Any idea what dive site you'll be aiming for?

We'll see if I can drag my visibility-snob, photographer husband/buddy along (he doesn't share my eagerness to "get better at beach diving".... yet!)

alaity47:
I might try to make it to this one as well - it'd be great to finally meet some of you folks in person. :) Any idea what dive site you'll be aiming for?

We'll see if I can drag my visibility-snob, photographer husband/buddy along (he doesn't share my eagerness to "get better at beach diving".... yet!)
It's sounding more and more like we're going to claim a spot at Veteran's Park and then go to a few different sites around Palos Verdes from there and possibly end up with a night dive at Redondo.

Christian

I'll bring the hot dogs and buns!

headhunter:
It's sounding more and more like we're going to claim a spot at Veteran's Park and then go to a few different sites around Palos Verdes from there and possibly end up with a night dive at Redondo.

Christian

Excellent! I can help with hauling gear around in my pickup, if you intend to carpool from Redondo to other spots.

Back
Top Bottom