Wrinkles January '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may come out later for the second dive .. if I can block out my mind remembering how I froze my ... off yesterday :wink:
.. taking clothes off just doesn't sound quite right

Not exactly what I wanted to read just as I'm ready to walk out the door.

Maybe I'll wait till next month and meet everyone at Laguna.

no, conditions are diveable, that is just the same warning always given out when there is a North Pac storm
and there will be a great bunch to hang out with :D
.. I just worked outside all day yesterday and got cold .. going to wait a bit for that air temp to rise before I show up

Hey all, have a great day. Just make sure your regs don't freeze!

D_B:
Watches and Warnings

San Diego Forecast
ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-1245 AM PST SAT JAN 13 2007....LOCALLY STRONG CURRENTS AND SEA LEVEL FLUCTUATIONS MAY AFFECT THE COAST OF EXTREME SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA THIS MORNING...
THERE IS NO TSUNAMI WATCH...WARNING...OR ADVISORY IN EFFECT AT THIS TIME FOR THE EXTREME SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA COAST.
HOWEVER... DANGEROUS CURRENTS AND SURGES ARE POSSIBLE THIS MORNING IN HARBORS AND BAYS. COASTAL RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER...OFF THE BEACH...AND AWAY FROM HARBORS AND MARINAS. WAVE HEIGHTS AND CURRENTS ARE AMPLIFIED BY IRREGULAR SHORELINE AND ARE DIFFICULT TO PREDICT. THE THREAT IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AROUND 530 AM PST SATURDAY JANUARY 13 2007 AND MAY CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS. THE INITIAL WAVE MAY NOT BE THE LARGEST. MARINERS IN WATER DEEPER THAN 600 FEET SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED.

Dang! .. be careful out there guys ... think I'll give Rig a call shortly

Edit: OK, I find out that it is not as ominous as it sounds, pretty standard warning for a North Pac. storm and all that

Actually... because of Earthquake in Japan late last night... not storm...

Silly divers. There was little to no surf today, wind stayed down till the third dive and vis was 10-15ft. Everyone had a great time and I was only a little lost leading dive three....

Ok, I was REALLY lost and my drysuit flooded and my weight belt came off at some point and we ended up way way north on the exit and had the walk from hell back to the picnic area.

But other than that, dives one and two rocked.

Terry

ResizeofP1130018.jpg

ResizeofP1130021.jpg

ResizeofP1130025.jpg

ResizeofP1130027.jpg

ResizeofP1130031.jpg

ResizeofP1130033.jpg

ResizeofP1130034.jpg

JLS011307-3.jpg
]

JLS011307-12.jpg

JLS011307-15.jpg

JLS011307-17.jpg

JLS011307-21.jpg

JLS011307-23.jpg

JLS011307-29.jpg

JLS011307.jpg

I was wondering when someone would post a follow-up!

Good thing I stayed here on Catalina. It was blowing, swell rolling in, and there was SNOW at Mt. Black Jack and the Airport-in-the-Sky. However the King Neptune braved the waves, pulled around the East End and we dove the backside with the sun shining and the seas calm (although our teeth were still chattering).

Great pics Terry!

I had a great time Saturday everyone. The BBQ was excellent, except for Ted and his fumbling of the hotdogs and hamburgers...(The Seagulls were happy though) :rofl3:

The diving was excellent in comparison to the previous night and it seems as though everyone had a really good time and didn't freeze..:14:

Enjoyed the dives Dan (Venom) and look forward to seein ya'll the next time around...:14:

Back
Top Bottom