Wrinkles January '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
I was wondering when someone would post a follow-up!

Good thing I stayed here on Catalina. It was blowing, swell rolling in, and there was SNOW at Mt. Black Jack and the Airport-in-the-Sky. However the King Neptune braved the waves, pulled around the East End and we dove the backside with the sun shining and the seas calm (although our teeth were still chattering).

Hey, you heard it here first :wink: We had some flurries in the local foothills too. Glad to hear that you had some nice dives, despite the chilly temps.

The Jan 07 Wrinkles event was another resounding success. Albeit down right frigid for the dawn patrol group, the weather Gods blessed us by opening up a nice window in the diving conditions. Topside conditions turned gorgeous as the day progressed.

It was great to see everyone again. I enjoyed meeting some of the new folks. Thanks Milo for coming along and being a great buddy. Terry, John, and Kim ... thanks for a playing local guides, as usual. A special thanks to Christian for making all this possible.

Looking forward to seeing you folks next month on my home turf.

Darn, I soooo wanted to make it... but moving and life made it not possible! Sorry I missed everyone! Glad you had a good time, so wish I had, too... Thank goodness the beach isn't going anywhere...

So, see you all next month, in my backyard in Laguna!! :D

Well, I had a great time as always! It was great to see many of the regulars as well as lots of new faces.

Since I was still nursing a cough, I decided not to dive on Saturday and just enjoy everyone's company, which in hindsight was a good call.

Sunday's dives at the Post Wrinkles Boat Dive were really nice and worth saving myself for. Also putting on a wet wetsuit first thing on Sunday morning with our unusually cold temps would have been a real shock to the system. When we are warming up by getting IN to the water, you know something's different!

Today, it looks like doing a couple of dives on Sunday caused me to relapse a bit with this cold, but it was well worth it. I'll be back in great shape by the time we go out on The Peace later this month.

I'll make the thread for next months Wrinkles Dive in Laguna sticky and unstick this one.

Christian

Thanks Christian! It was as you said, great to see my friends and meet new ones. Of course the diving rocked! I had two great dives and had fun taking pictures of the life coming back to the Shores. I'm really looking forward to Laguna. :eyebrow:

I am never disappointed when I go diving with everyone. Even though the dive itself was not so hot the company was. So here is the list of some of the highlights:

• It was great to meet new divers that I have not had the opportunity to meet before. :grouphug2:
  • It was an experience to actually have to carry my own tank with a huddle of men just WATCHING. :popcorn:
  • Enjoyed a couple hotdogs and the audience that went with it :blinking:
  • The hamburgers were very yummy even if someone didn’t bring cheese :confused:
  • The barbeque gods were happy thanks to the BBQ master not knowing how to hold his dogs :shakehead
  • Water was cold :loki3:
  • Critters were scarce :(
  • The run to the car to peel off the wetsuit was QUICK :sprint:
  • Goodbyes were done even though there were bathroom needs :60:
  • Chap sticks were in demand :10:
  • Hefeweizen pitchers were flowing :cheers:
  • Numbs were lipped :ssst:
  • Waiters were...well...lets say....happy with a certain "someone" at our table :eyebrow:
  • Coffee and dessert after dinner were amazing (Thanks to the goddess that secured the chairs) :coffee:
  • Carpool was entertaining :1poke:

Thanks to everyone who came it was a blast and I cant wait until the next one (Insert big happy smile face here...I was over the limit so you have to use your imagination)

wrinkles:
I am never disappointed when I go diving with everyone. Even though the dive itself was not so hot the company was. So here is the list of some of the highlights:

• It was an experience to actually have to carry my own tank with a huddle of men just WATCHING. :popcorn:

Thanks to everyone who came it was a blast and I cant wait until the next one (Insert big happy smile face here...I was over the limit so you have to use your imagination)

Ha, Wrinkles my dear... you know a real Lady Go-diver doesn't need to have a mere mortal man carry their gear for them! And you rock, girl.

Not to mention that on this trip to La Jolla, you didn't get spanked (or did you?).

OK, here are my highlights from the event!

#1 (Spending time with friends and enjoying the great dives and good times.)

#2 (Seeing Ana again and spending time basking in the glow of her presence.)

#3-10 (See #2 above.) :D

OK this was my first event with this "gang" and if you've read my previous posts you've probably noticed I was a bit apprehensive.

I almost bailed when I saw the weather report but then a few quick posts from others reassured me that all would be well and even if not diveable the "company" would be worth the trip.

What can I say? This group made me feel right at home. And although a bit "chilly" it was diveable and I consider that as a secondary benifit to meeting a great group of folks. Many thanks to the organizers and participants. I can't wait for February to get here to do it again.

Special thanks to Steve for being my buddy and giving me a nice tour of the East Wall.

And in closing I'd like to say that if like me you considered coming out to one of these group dives but thought you might not fit it, "forget about it" mark your calender and be there next time. You won't reget it.

Cheers,
V

ps, did Joe make the boat dive and did he have enough weight?

Venom:
ps, did Joe make the boat dive and did he have enough weight?
Yes, Joe made the boat dive and he had enough weight. Actually, a little too much weight, but he got to enjoy his first dive the the dive godesses and the second with scvdiver and me. Much fun was had and I think good memories were taken home to Phoenix by Joe.

Christian

Venom:
Special thanks to Steve for being my buddy and giving me a nice tour of the East Wall.

I totally enjoyed it Dan....I look forward to divin with ya again...:14:

Back
Top Bottom