Wrinkles November '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott, Ron, and Tom.. thanks for being great dive buddies and sharing the great viz. and allowing me to share in your enjoyment.
Can't wait till next time!

Had a great time. Big thanks to Dave and Ron for letting me squeeze in three dives on Saturday before having to catch the 3:45 boat back. Really enjoyed the dives.

Wish I had the chance to see / meet more people. Next time...

-Scott

Good times!

Was great seeing you guys in Catalina and meeting some new buddies!
Will post some pics tonight.

Take care!

Yan

Thanks for the setting up the wrinke's dive last weekend in Catalina. I had a great time and get to meet some of you.

Just wondering... Ber, was that you with the latex attached hood? It just dawned on me...that's not a local thing.

Yes, hubby and I both have the Viking Extreme's with attached hood.

I thought my neoprene bunny ear hood that I wear over the latex one would make me stand out not the latex itself :rofl3: Getting out with dry hair ROCKS in cold water :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I can't immagine the amount of work that Christian put in to setup this weekends event. It was absolutely spectacular. All I can say is thak you very much.

I second that meeting everyone in person was really worth the trip. And I still can't believe the water was soo warm at 70+ feet. 5 mill or not it rocked!

Laytex is a standard attachment, it's all you So. Cal. DUI and other trilam dry suit divers that don't get suits that come with attached hoods that are strange. That whole warm neck thing on a DUI suit seems like a pain to me, as opposed to just pulling the old dry hood on.

Bruce and I had an AWESOME time meeting everyone! Christian, thanks for setting this up at a price that tempted a rabbit out of her hole :D

BIG HUGS to Ann Marie who went above and beyond "Perfect Hostess" to make us feel welcome, she took EXCELLENT care of us! Without her we probably wouldn't have been able to get to the island until Saturday if at all.

Thank you all for welcoming us into your group and showing us the ropes of your home dive site. All of your guidance was greatly appreciated! Special thanks to Ken and Claudette for leading us on the night dive and pointing out the cool critters; sorry we brought "Murphy" along with us for that one, we thought we ditched him in Chicago. BTW, did the black snorkel with orange reflective tape ever show up near the steps?

I'll get a trip report written as soon as I get a chance :D

I so wish I could have been there :crying:

Are there any kelp tangle pics Ber? :wink:

Actually there is one :D I was taking my turn carrying the camera on the first dive when that stealthy stuff wrapped around my leg and held me fast. I made sure to take a picture of my predicament before extricating myself :dork2: Hopefully it won't take me more than a couple days to get our pictures ready to post.

Glad to hear that everyone has made it home safe. Ber, I hope there wasn't any replay of Friday at the airport for you on your way home. It was great meeting you and Bruce! Thanks for making the trip out!

Thanks Christian for making all of this happen.

It was great meeting everyone that I hadn't had met before and was excellent seeing those I haven't seen in a while.

We had a bit of a delay in Dallas but nothing like the goat rope we had in Chicago.

I managed to get a couple pictures posted in my gallery. The entanglement photo and the picture of Tjack as swamp thing are there as well as a few others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom